• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Review of Knothole Island

Sin

is God
Reaction score
My Review of Knothole Island

Blagh, i felt i needed to vent it somewhere. What better place than my favorite Fable Forum?

Box of Secrets - This was probably my favorite part of the entire addition. With the epic costumes and the cool weapons, it was the perfect addition to Fable, it was exactly what it needed. The assassin outfit immediately made me love it. That was the first thing i got. :D And of course the other items avaliable.

Hal's Rifle - Best....Weapon...Ever. Seriously, i barely even use my sword anymore. With the auto shoot and the amazing capacity it's no wonder i haven't proposed to it yet.

Knights Armor - My 2nd favorite armor, next to assassins, would definately be this. I like how it glows depending on your alignment, thats a neat perk. And i also how when you wear it everyone seems to love you. OR maybe...thats just me?

Dog + Dig Spots - I keep my dog, threw the love story ending, and i must say, i wish i wouldn't have. Damn thing is so annoying, everytime i go anywhere it barks on that island. I don't know if it was me, i loved the dog threw the original campaign, but on that island it seemed like something was dug every single little area. It got too such a nuisance i wanted to punch the xbox...in the face. If possible, of course.

Chest + Random Items - I liked the skinny potion, and the fat potions, i also liked some of the drops, but other than that i didn't think too much of it.

The Knothole Island Itself - The town sucked. It was so small! what...one shop i would ever use (AKA Box of Secrets), others where just stupid stonecutter, and a stupid general store, and other stupid stupid stupid freaking buildings. I was really disappointed with this. I imagined going back and seeing the Fable 1 amazing town, but than all i get too see is a freaking 5-10 building lot thats nearly destroyed because of climate conditions. Besides that, the rest of the island was so small, nothing too it, besides a few little temples that i will never enter again because of the dullness.

Achievements - I loved the achievements. The first one to gather the books, simple and fun. Made you learn the history of the island, while getting an achievement. Nice combo! The Meterologist, pretty much just beat the campaign, i enjoyed that also, somewhat. And of course the Box of Secrets one, was my favorite, getting all those amazing items AND an achievement, i think they could not make a better combination than that.

The Questline - Sucked. "Go fix my weather" Alright, go through a boring Temple. "I need different Weather" Alright, go through another boring Temple...the list goes on. The questline and that stupid leader annoyed me. It's a miracle i didn't try to kill him. Was repeatitive and dull, needed a lot of spicing up to make it worthwhile.

The Temples - Boring, dull, BLAGH!

The Enviornment - Oh i loved being able to change the enviornment at any time and travel around, don't get me wrong, but considering there was nothing to search around and discover, it was boring. If they had additional areas around the climate peaks and such, that would have been really cool addition after i beat the main quest, but alas, they didn't. And you just changed the climate bit by bit for no real reason besides to go get those books.

The Creatures - I disliked the people we had to face, those black shadows, some hobbes, and occasional beetles. It just, wasn't exciting. Seemed repeatitive and didn't really have a reason to be fighting them, like in the normal campaign, i would want to fight them, to get something, or someone. Here i just fought them to get through the boring temples. They really needed to add some cool new creatures to fight, that would of made my day, thats what i was hoping for, but never got it :'(

Overall, I liked it. I know the above mentions that i don't, and i know a lot of people think like me, they really didn't like a lot of it, but it was definately worth it. The cool armors, the epic achievements, the decent rewards and of course the chance to see what actually happened to Knothole Glade. It was somewhat of a disappointment in some perks, but we needed to realize this was just an addition, not a freaking entire new game (Oh i wish!). And grading on an addition scale, i would actually give it a good rating, it gave us what Fable 2 original story didn't have, epic clothes, Box of Secrets shop, climate changing area, alignment changing outfits, and a 'alright' storyline, i suppose.

So, i would recommend it, but only to die-hard Fable fans, others would be like "Pssh, worthless."

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score
Re: My Review of Knothole Island

great post =] ive found it intresting ive never been bored on fable 2, you know your bored when you walk slowly through bowerstone market looking for somthing to do
the weather changing aspect is good, screwing about with the people of knothole island is great! one minute children are running in the sun the next BOOM! cryogenicly frozen :p

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Black Phoenix;262701 said:
great post =] ive found it intresting ive never been bored on fable 2, you know your bored when you walk slowly through bowerstone market looking for somthing to do
the weather changing aspect is good, screwing about with the people of knothole island is great! one minute children are running in the sun the next BOOM! cryogenicly frozen :p

Oh yeah. I just wish they had more aspects to the weather conditions! Like maybe a different section of the town is reachable only in stormy condition or a barbarian village can be found in the icey tundra. Instead of jsut changing weather and messing with the villagers :D

S

Striken7

I've found some of the dig spots keep returning if you change climates - my dog never stops finding the same spots over and over again.

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Striken7;262894 said:
I've found some of the dig spots keep returning if you change climates - my dog never stops finding the same spots over and over again.

And never shuts up over and over again.

Aceclaw

Reaction score

i hated the part with beetles i thought it made the parts with them in it way too easy

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Aceclaw;262982 said:
i hated the part with beetles i thought it made the parts with them in it way too easy

They should of made omega-beetles that are nearly indestructible. That would of made my day for sure. ^_^

anain12

Reaction score

What did you really expect from this expansion? If it took 3 years to create the original Fable 2 and they did this expansion in a couple of months, how good can it be?
BTW, I haven't played it yet.

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

BTW, I haven't played it yet.
well then my friend you should =]
as for the people that didnt like this fable 2 DLC, atleast theyre actually making some DLC, just goes to show if they can make somthing small like that in a couple of months just wait and see whats in store =D

T

Tymolus

I agree with most things original poster said, this DLC is awesome overall. The story sucked but the story sucked in the main Fable 2 quest also, so I don't care about that. The clothes are sweet, my ho is extremely hot yet in a mysterious manner..some of the weapons are sweet, just for the look alone...and of course HAL'S RIFLE, now I haven't gotten the Red Dragon yet and I heard it's the best, but now that Hal's is out I wonder how it compares?

I mean Hals rifle changed my life..never used guns much before, but this character is 90% guns, 10% swords, .01 % magic or something..so hot chick, no blue veins or whatever, just hot gorgeous chick with a rifle that can kill rushing hoardes before they even reach her...
the game is much funner for me with this playing style :) I will get the red dragon soon.