• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts on the game , If you havent played through yet I wouldn't read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_352

Reaction score
I have now played all the way through once on Fable 3 and I thought id give my own opinion on how the game was, you can decide between yourselves if you want to agree or not.

The game is far,far to short. Especially the second half of the game when you are king, you don't get to make nearly as many decisions as there should be.

I felt a feeling of being rushed through the main storyline of the game, in Fable 2 Theresa would give you a few moments where you encouraged to stop and have a good look around.

The Sanctuary is annoying, you don't know how many potions you have etc. I honestly preferred the lists from Fable 2.

There isn't enough variety of clothing, weapons and other stuff that you can buy.

Apart from those issues, I did enjoy playing the game and I do reckon it is still worth buying if you haven't yet.

Reaction score
I have now played all the way through once on Fable 3 and I thought id give my own opinion on how the game was, you can decide between yourselves if you want to agree or not.

The game is far,far to short. Especially the second half of the game when you are king, you don't get to make nearly as many decisions as there should be.

I felt a feeling of being rushed through the main storyline of the game, in Fable 2 Theresa would give you a few moments where you encouraged to stop and have a good look around.

The Sanctuary is annoying, you don't know how many potions you have etc. I honestly preferred the lists from Fable 2.

There isn't enough variety of clothing, weapons and other stuff that you can buy.

Apart from those issues, I did enjoy playing the game and I do reckon it is still worth buying if you haven't yet.

The only issues i had were:

1.When the story ended, i was just thinkin to my self, wow its so boring now.
2.The story was indeed way way to short.
3.When i was king i expected to be making alot of desicions, when and were i wanted to.
and
4.I thought there was a dungeon.

Armondo Buddy

Reaction score
Well, the reason the story's were "Too short" is because you have a disease called rushthroughthegameitis. Symptoms include, not doing sidequests, not trying to raise money, and playing the game all day every day until you beat it

Reaction score
Well, the reason the story's were "Too short" is because you have a disease called rushthroughthegameitis. Symptoms include, not doing sidequests, not trying to raise money, and playing the game all day every day until you beat it

^ agree the game is perfectly long sure i would have liked to make a few more decisions and have A dungeon to lock people up in but unfortunately the promise of being able to drag people you didn’t like and throwing them into a cell to rot was left out but everything else was awesome and there is plenty to do go back to Aurora run around in your undies upgrade and transform your weapons invest in the property market

the only thing that could have helped would be lists for shopping at stall and shops because only being able to buy 3 items at a time sucks

Reaction score
First off know your facts, second of all i dont even play it alot, it is just easy is all, and doing all sidequest besides about 3 or 4 is speeding threw huh? haha an having over 20 mill is speeding threw? ok

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
all these people saying the game is too short, but wife is pretty convinced it takes forever. I thought it was ok myself. It's taken me 3 days to finish the story. It sucks when real life gets in the way!

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I agree about feeling as if you're rushed through the whole story, but I'm fighting back, Fight the system! Go out and explore, raise money, search for gnomes and keys. I'm an avid explorer and thats one of the things that really holds me in place in this game just running around exploring all the areas and collecting items!
I also miss some of the 2D listing, I actually love the sanctuary but i wish they would have had some 2D listings, especially for the quest list and items.
I haven't actually beaten the game yet, but judging from most of the posts about endgame, its rather disappointing. Something about an evil darkness..or whatever.
Do you ever have the option to go to war with Aurora?(sorry if i spelled it wrong)

Angel-Of-Mercy

Reaction score
can i add you to xbox live i have no friends with fable 3 and love making new friends :)

Shadow EXP

Reaction score

I would like to explore like in fable 2 but its not that sought of game. I played for 10 hours with raising money turned out people thought i was an ****hole.

RiceJesus

Reaction score
I got through it to see the ending, but it still took me about 24-30 hours of gametime JUST for the main story and little exploring (for some treasure chests & keys). I don't know if you can really consider that too short!!

Tylendel

Reaction score

If u RUSH the game, it's too short. If u take time to do all side quests , make families, do real estate to get rich, find all silver keys, all 4 gold keys, all gnomes, all demon doors, dig sites, there's at least 100 hrs or more of gameplay. THAT is what fable is designed to be... But if u rushed it through, then it is ur own fault for having a quick game. I've put in 60+ hrs since it was released, and I just became king, and I have many secrets to still unlock

I DO agree the inventory system SUCKS though.. And the interactions with npcs are all generic regardless of gender or sexual orientation , and u can only do the ones the game picks..... That needs fixings in a patch asap

Status
Not open for further replies.