• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My wife doubled! +other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szejd

Reaction score
My wife doubled! +other problems

I married Alex while this Ghost-revenge quest and chose a house in Bowerstone to live. Everything was alright, 'till I wanted her to get pregnant. I wasn't successful, so I gave her the last chance and moved to gypsy camp. Okay, finally we had a child.

And then a problem appeared. I returned to Bowerstone and I saw her near the clock tower. The house we occupied last time was still our family house, while in the menu I had two Alexes! I decided to kill this one without the child, and when I did it and returned to gypsy camp, there was no "second" Alex.
Darn. I want her back, but I know it's not possible.

Anyway, even after marring another woman, I still have family "Alex" with a child and no Alex. This child lives in gypsy camp, but it's like it was still in this house in Bowerstone = I can't sell it.

Do you know if I can do something with this? As I said, I don't want to have in my menu "Alex" with no Alex.

Similar things happen to my weapons. When, for example, I have two swords, which are the same, I can't sell one.

And I have some questions, I hope someone would answer me:
1. I used to play as a girl, and when I was doing this quest with Ghost, Alex was an ugly man. Isn't it a glitch or something?
2. I did The Spire quest and I still can't buy the Fairfax mansion. Will I be able to buy it after finishing the game?
3. Does having friends in the game require Xbox LIVE? If so, can I move my saves from non-Xbox-LIVE account to one with it?
4. I have a non-Alex wife and live with her in Bowerstone. We had a child in gypsy camp, now I can't get her pregnant. What should I do?

I hope my message isn't too long!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: My wife doubled! +other problems

Szejd;356047 said:
I married Alex while this Ghost-revenge quest and chose a house in Bowerstone to live. Everything was alright, 'till I wanted her to get pregnant. I wasn't successful, so I gave her the last chance and moved to gypsy camp. Okay, finally we had a child.

And then a problem appeared. I returned to Bowerstone and I saw her near the clock tower. The house we occupied last time was still our family house, while in the menu I had two Alexes! I decided to kill this one without the child, and when I did it and returned to gypsy camp, there was no "second" Alex.
Darn. I want her back, but I know it's not possible.

Anyway, even after marring another woman, I still have family "Alex" with a child and no Alex. This child lives in gypsy camp, but it's like it was still in this house in Bowerstone = I can't sell it.

Do you know if I can do something with this? As I said, I don't want to have in my menu "Alex" with no Alex.

I wouldn't know anything about a glitch that produces a second Alex, but it sounds like you've got the common disappearing spouse glitch. There's no fix for it.

Szejd;356047 said:
Similar things happen to my weapons. When, for example, I have two swords, which are the same, I can't sell one.

As long as they are both unequipped, you should be able to sell them both. If that still doesn't work, sell one, then leave the store, go back, and see if you can sell the other one then.

Szejd;356047 said:
1. I used to play as a girl, and when I was doing this quest with Ghost, Alex was an ugly man. Isn't it a glitch or something?

No, that's how it's supposed to be when you're a girl.

Szejd;356047 said:
2. I did The Spire quest and I still can't buy the Fairfax mansion. Will I be able to buy it after finishing the game?

Yes.

Szejd;356047 said:
3. Does having friends in the game require Xbox LIVE? If so, can I move my saves from non-Xbox-LIVE account to one with it?

You do need XBL for friends, but I'm unsure about your other question. I don't have XBL quite yet.

Szejd;356047 said:
4. I have a non-Alex wife and live with her in Bowerstone. We had a child in gypsy camp, now I can't get her pregnant. What should I do?

Your second child will always take quite a bit of time, I'm not sure why. Do some quests, progress a little more in the story, and keep trying for that second kid.

Szejd

Reaction score

Thank you so much for the answer! But can you explain a little more about this "disappearing spouse glitch", please?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

It's probably the most common glitch in Fable 2. Everyone will probably experience it at one point or another. Your spouse can disappear at any point in the game, but from my experiences and the information I've gathered, there are at least three things that will make the glitch more likely to occur: the rescue quest, marrying Lady Grey, and living in Castle Fairfax.

Trante

Reaction score

For your xbl question you cant transfer saves but you can turn your non xbl account into an xbl account.

Status
Not open for further replies.