• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DLC out today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I think I see what's happening here. Lionhead is trying to ride the tidal wave of software micro-transactions pioneered by Apple. Apple realized people are willing to shell out 99 cents or $1.99 for small apps a lot more readily than $5-$10 for larger more functional ones. And app-makers realized that people are willing to pay 99 cents for a mostly complete app, and then to pay another 99 cents on top of it for each new feature they want to unlock.

It's a proven system, and Lionhead is quite consciously tapping into it with Fable III. By releasing a game that's mostly complete (though many of us would argue it's not even that), they can extract more money from their content-starved fans by releasing new content on a micro scale. Then people say, "A cool looking robot ninja suit? Sure, I could use that -there isn't enough clothing variety and this would satisfy my need for more outfits. Plus it's only 160MP (2 dollars)!" Now apply the same logic and pricing scheme to haircuts, weapons, dog breeds, and even quests (which there damn well should've been more of right out of the box). Lather, rinse, and repeat.

It's ingenious. It's infuriating. And most importantly, it's working.

Mastperf

Reaction score
It's a lot harder to swallow when you just payed $60 or $80 dollars though. They cut the dyes from the game and even left a slot open for them on the shelf.:w00t:

Roopert66

Reaction score
My missus will want the hair pack....she's moaning about the lack of styles..lol....i just want to know when they will put Understone back on the marketplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.