• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score
New to the forums.

Hello everyone, I have been reading over various threads for the past week, and I like the community spirit that I see. I thought I would join and add my own spirit and knowledge to an already great community.

I got Fable:TLC in early May, and I beat it twice in a week and a half. Since then, I have beaten it many times, both light and dark. The best part is, I keep finding things that I missed out on in previous games.

The last two games I went through, I used the Age reduction strategy. The first time I tried the age reduction strategy, I spent a lot of time leveling up on the undead in the Grey House area. I'd get my combat multiplier up to ~27 then spam summon. Needless to say, this took a lot of time and finger muscle. On my second pass through the age reduction, I kept most of my Ages of * bottles, and I remembered in the gold quest to find the archeologist there was a rock troll. So I charged Skorm's bow for ~2 minutes, fired, and wala, combat multiplier 60. I had done research about this (other things I had not known about) and what was interesting about this particular rock troll was that it had an Ages of Will potion right behind it by the barrel. Between that and spamming summon, I could net about 185k will points. With the hero saving strategy, that saved my fingers from cerebral palsy =x

A small glitch I found was in the Hero's Guild area, where the long bar table is. At evening, when all the people are sitting down at the table, I noticed a mug of ale simply floating there. Wierd.

On the silver quest The Trader's Convoy, after you bring the trader safely back to bowerstone north, I noticed something. There wasn't a soul in the town besides the female agent. I ran around and looted and pillaged and all was jolly. Then, for the heck of it, I started punching the female agent. She wouldn't die. I got combat multipliers and physical experience, but it would have taken forever to raise that way. Still... it's an infinite source of points if you have the time and the finger strength.

One question I couldn't figure out and maybe you all could help me with: On my last game, I was running through the first Greatwoods area, and there is a little alcove off to the left. In my past games there was never anything there, but this time there was a chest that contained a flame augmentation. At that point in the game, 1300 gold is a big deal. But In my subsequent game I could never get that chest to reappear.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to be a good addition to your community.

H

Hexadecimal

Re: New to the forums.

hellooo
welcome welcome
hope you enjoy your stay:D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, I noticed that some towns are empty after/during quests. I usually steal too. Like when you revisit the arena, there's stuff on the table, but there's no one there (mostly cause everyones dead hehe)

Devalion;26451 said:
One question I couldn't figure out and maybe you all could help me with: On my last game, I was running through the first Greatwoods area, and there is a little alcove off to the left. In my past games there was never anything there, but this time there was a chest that contained a flame augmentation. At that point in the game, 1300 gold is a big deal. But In my subsequent game I could never get that chest to reappear.

Probably the statue at lookout point, it rotates and points to various areas (IE; Hero's Guild, Picnic Area, Bowerstone [you can get in the tavern cellar {Leather Chest}] and Greatwood entrance)

It has an augmentation in it, but I coulda sworn it was silver. It's kind of too the left when you first enter the area, and theres like a white outline of a square on the ground? no?
You may be talking about a completely different chest after all. Just trying to help. ^_^

Anyway, welcome to the forums. we're glad to have you.

yay fable!

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Yeah.. it was the same chest - I figured it had to have something to do with the statue, and the augment could indeed have been silver =x I will have to do more research.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Devalion;26462 said:
Yeah.. it was the same chest - I figured it had to have something to do with the statue, and the augment could indeed have been silver =x I will have to do more research.

I did all kinds of Research. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums, nicely detailed intro thread. Hope you enjoy your stay here ^_^

D

darkoverlord

*(Right on) :thumbsup: - And welcome to the forums, enjoy and dont be afraid to send any of the Admin's a pm (laugh's)- but really if u have any quest i would be glad to help*:D ( just pm )

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darkoverlord;26475 said:
*(Right on) :thumbsup: - And welcome to the forums, enjoy and dont be afraid to send any of the Admin's a pm (laugh's)- but really if u have any quest i would be glad to help*:D ( just pm )

Yeah anyone is welcome to send us a PM if they need any advice or anything ^_^

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

I figured out that chest. Yes, the statue must be at 12pm noon for the chest to appear in the section of Greatwood right after Lookout Point. In that section, it is on the left side in that side area, and inside is a Piercing Augmentation.

yay~ \o/

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

testing sig =x

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Welcome to the Fable Community Forums, Devalion.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

20 key chest hero save is the best

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score