• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Town [WIP]

M

Marcopolo

Re: New Town [WIP]

any place you suggest placing it otherwise?

like that barrow fields sub-forum

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Marcopolo;76560 said:
any place you suggest placing it otherwise?

like that barrow fields sub-forum

Yeah you could ask in either of these places, its up to you:

Off Topic

Tavern Cellar

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

nice!!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

sweet :w00t:

V

veXec15

Amazingly Awesome!!!
Idea: A museum
-It could have Paintings of Cool enemies like jack of blades
-Statues of heroes
-Legendary Weapons on Display
-And the thing that every museum has... a gift shop
:):rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

veXec15;78437 said:
Amazingly Awesome!!!
-Statues of heroes

That is a GREAT idea man. :thumbsup:

M

Marcopolo

veXec15;78437 said:
Amazingly Awesome!!!
-Statues of heroes

good one, i'll add that to the list with the other two good ideas people have suggested :p

D

Darg

I can't believe I haven't discovered this until now, Marcopolo! It's absolutely amazing! I have loads of suggestions and ideas, but what if you could make a particular area of town paying homage to Darkwood (i.e. dark trees, swampy terrain, etc.) With a few buildings in the midst of the shadows... It could be a place where bandits reside, sort of like the darker district of town, a place to go for those who're tired of the light side of Albion. Perhaps there could be a dealer of all dark clothes and obsidian weapons here, as well as a variety of dark mercenaries for hire... Just an idea. Keep working on it and I can't wait to see the end product!

D

DeaDShadow24

Looking good... reminds me of an Oblivion town.

M

Marcopolo

look at the original bowerstone vids then you will see the real resemblance

also i started this before oblivion came out

darg: those are some cool ideas, post some more

J

Jack-of-blunts

how bout bigger house than wat u can normally buy as a hero? im a mighty warrior with thousands of gold i dont want to live in some tiny cottage

D

Darg

Perhaps you could also make a sewer system below the city resembling that of the bargate prison sewers. Zombies and hobbes that constantly respawn to offer you a challenge could reside down there. Maybe even a demon door in-city. Using elements from another modder's idea, armed villagers! They aren't defenseless any more... Even a guard captain that is larger and much stronger than the rest to offer you more challenges as well... just a few new ideas.

C

corestrength420

Marcopolo;75369 said:
...okay now a shout out to all the story writers out there, i have a base idea for a story for this town but i am no writer so i thought i should post the story and see if anyone could make a good iteration of it that doesnt sound so empty like mine

story structure : i've decided on a new name and the framework of a new story

the new name is ashenvale, it is oakvale's twin city. the story will be somewhere along the lines of: there were two brother architects that built the major cities of albion, they were always competing to be the best so one day they agreed on a competition, they were to build two twin cities in their own styles, one brother had built bowerstone and the other had stuck more to the smaller villages and was therefore not well known. the older of the two brothers who had designed bowerstone built the town ashenvale and the younger brother built oakvale...

so yeah, it kinda sucks but the idea is there if anyone can expand on it a bit :D
I write a bit... using your base idea; I would adapt the mythology of Romulus and Remus...I could send/pm you a quick outline, the actual story would be maybe three -five pages/screens...Sound good or No?