• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No 3D for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

assassins-creed-brotherhood-04c1bd9ca8257b.jpg

AC's Production Manager confirms that this year's Assassin's Creed is skipping 3D, "seriously" looking into it for the future.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's Production Manager Jean-Francois Boivin has told GamerZines that this year's Assassin's Creed game will not support 3DTV technology, despite other titles in Ubisoft's Christmas line-up supporting the tech.

"For Brotherhood, no," said Boivin when we asked him about the possibility of 3D for Assassin's Creed. "There are a couple of reasons for that.

"The tech came in pretty late for us and there are technical reasons. We'd have to render a few things twice which we can't feasibly do right away because we're already pushing the limits of our tech."

However, Boivin added that future games in the series could well include support for 3D.

"Not to say that we're not looking into it seriously for future Assassin's Creeds, because it would be amazing to be able to play in 3D. It would be out of this world."
Boivin also told us that he hopes it'll be his team who makes the "breakthrough" in 3D gaming, saying that he thinks "there's definitely a future" for the tech.

"There's going to be somebody somewhere that's going to make the 3D aspect of gaming really interesting and make a breakthrough out of it. Hopefully it's going to be us, but it could well be somebody else. Who knows, but I think there's definitely a future for it.

"What I'm interested in seeing is what the Nintendo 3DS guys did and you can export that tech to a large screen without the need for glasses. I think that's really interesting. I'd put my money on that."

And so would we, Jean-Francois.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC this November.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: No 3D for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Good. I hate 3D. Ruins the game for me.