• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Experience, No Health, No...Magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score
Re: No Experience, No Health, No...Magic?

Walker;389809 said:
Not sure where you got that from (I don't recall that bit, anyway) but who says that only humans can have Will? Hobbes can. Magical beasties seem to run on the stuff. Places can be imbued with it (Avo and Skorm, remember?). And things can have Will as well. Completely aside from whatever they end up using in F3, there have always been Will-imbued weapons. What do you think augments are?

A bunch of diffuse sources with a little bit of Will can add up pretty damn fast.
I dont think that only humans have Will, i think that Will users can channel up the Will using the surrounding area but also from within themselves, although it is said that Avo and skorm could only cause neraby victoms thoughts of joy or thoughts of Hatred...that seems a little too weak... that an "unsusual concentration of energy" could only manifest itself in that fashion. What i'm saying is that humans make up a very large concentration of Will itself, And the spire can cast the user one single wish even though it uses all the will in the world, the first Archon is said to be so powerful that reality itself was warped based on his wishes, how can a human do this consistently, but the spire only once? Which is why......there MUST be less will in the universe, unless it's similar to matter, either way, to answer this question you'd have to dive into the molecular level...something i'm not sure i want to do regarding a video game.

Lupus

Reaction score

I could go on about the occurrence of Will power as an allele however as you say above going in depth with that sort of thing is pointless. it is unlikely the designers thought this much and much more likely that they turned around and said "Hey thats a cool idea lets do that!!". Magic is outside the rules of physics and biology by its very definition and so it is pointless to try to explain it in such a way

Lithary

Reaction score

I don't have nerves to read all the older post, but here is my opinion on 'no HP/MP/EP' thing...
That's stupid... simply stupid... I mean... I don't care how he balances that or makes some other system that will replace HP/MP/EP system, it's still stupid...
Main reason is because Peter spits on his main selling point and that 'ultimate freedom/choice'...
How?
Well it's simple...
You can't be some awesome uber cool wizard or warlock... you'd be more like some gypsy with magic trinkets and stuff...
And all that 'watering bloodline' thing... that's bull****...
You can't have a good fantasy RPG without a good wizard, sorcerer or something like that...
Except removing aspects of game he should add more... and more in term of character creation, magic, weapons, fighting and not how you can hump you wife's ass and make a bunch of children... I can do that in a real world and I can tell you that it's way more satisfactory that doing it on a computer game...
How about adding a martial art aspect to the game... that would give much wider choice in character creation...

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

I heard somewhere you can mix spells to create a spell with more ffect.

Like Inferno+Vortex = Flaming Tornado.

But who knows, I know I heard it on these forums.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

yeah, peter moleneux said that wearing 2 different rings gave a combined effect.
but from what i have heard, they have scrapped the rings idea... so i dunno what it will be like.

halfgod

Reaction score

lol this is something right here..
first off, caerso you just got *****slapped in the Face!! why are you here if you think speculating is 'annoying'
Second Lupus you are stupid because you bring an argument in this discussion that is already overruled by another argument on page 1..... (the watering down argument of willpower)
Third By live camera, i agree with you but what i dont get is that you refer to the thread that i make and this thread also has the same subject as mine but you had to make your own thread?
So all i have to say to you is this:

tits or GTFO

Lupus

Reaction score

im sorry that my views offend you (not nearly as much as the unnecessary name calling you seem fond of) but i have posted what i have concluded from the lore (the history) of Albion. I do not think that my argument was debunked on page one but rather i was playing the devils advocate of the argument presented on page 1 and giving reasons that that could in fact be wrong. Everything here is speculation until stated in the games or other related media and anyone could be right or wrong. The long and short of that is to try to construct a sensible and coherent argument that is relative to the conversation and adds to it before name calling.

ALso your threads last post is weeks old thus posting in it would be considered necro-posting...at least i would. If a mod has other views on that then fair enough i guess im just wrong there =P

Tits or gtfo does nothing to contribute. go back to lurking on /b/

ScubaToaster

Off hunting Hollowmen
Reaction score

Everything has will, just not a large enough pool of it to weave spells?

halfgod

Reaction score

lupus it seems YOU ARE WRONG.
Also i accept youre apology (how kindhearted i am ;) )
ok but now serious, to put all our opinoins aside let me ask you one simple question:
Who here thinks that when he read that Peter was putting the HP, mana and experience away was a good thing? And also putting the stuff (except spellweaving,thats awesome) with magical objects in?
just a simple yes or no on both questions is enough.
PS it is ironic on how we talk about this subject as the same thing happenend with armor and guns, maybe thats how Peter Molyneux thinks: 'well eventhough they hate it first, they will adjust to it when they play the game'
But personally i think he went a step to far with this one.....
(sorry for bad grammar, PLZ NAZI'S DONT TAKE ME AWAY!)

Lupus

Reaction score

Ok Halfgod can you do me the honour of explaining how i am wrong? I have no problem being wrong i just want to be told why as i dont think you have as of yet said. Perhaps quote the points i made that were wrong and argue each one separately or quote the poster who apparently proved me wrong on page 1 =) Much appreciated.

Also i can see where your coming from but im not sure how this will play out...the removal of a hud would have been awkward for the first fable but if they get the combat right it may complement the streamlined fluent feel they seem to be aiming for. We shall have to wait and see. I for one will reserve judgment until i have seen more or played it myself.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Camera your obviously one of those losers that tend to go around forums to annoy moderators amoungst other people. If you want to be booted off of this forum then I suggest you go ahead because by the looks of it thats the road your going to end up going on.

And in future dont double post so you can get more posts on your profile. EVERYONE knows that its rather annoying when people do that.

Also considering what good ol' peter is going to do with HP or people are saying hes going to do with HP then what is he going to replace it with? I mean you can't just be invinsible, ruins the entire game to be perfectly honest.

And don't worry halfgod I won't drag you away. :)

ScubaToaster

Off hunting Hollowmen
Reaction score

Maybe they gonna replace it with the a system of invincibility!

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

peter moleneux said it would be similar to games like call of duty, where the screen goes red and smaller when your low of health.

Lithary

Reaction score

Dracelix;390192 said:
peter moleneux said it would be similar to games like call of duty, where the screen goes red and smaller when your low of health.

Well technically he didn't remove HP from game then...

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

yep, health is still there.
I'm wondering if potions and resurrection vials will be there aswell, since you health will probably regenerate after a while.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I've got a feeling that Fable III will be just about as HUD-less and health-less as Fable II.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

to be honest, i would prefer it if they had some sort of display while playing the game, since it is easier to see statistics and such during battle, instead of having to pause every time, go to the guild chamber with the options, and check the character log or such.

maybe a hud similar to f1/oblivion would be cool, but in a retextured style to make it look the f3 logo, all gold and shiney.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

JohnDoe;389721 said:
No magic rings. A developer had posted on the LionHead forums that there would be no magic rings, that the idea was scrapped. I'd provide a link to that, but it's been deleted as is the LionHead way.

Thank God there'll be no rings, that was just stupid. There are better alternatives.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

to be honest, i wouldn't mind having a magical ring. especially if they are jeweled and shiny.

imagine your wedding ring having the ability to cast fire?

Lithary

Reaction score

Dracelix;390514 said:
to be honest, i wouldn't mind having a magical ring. especially if they are jeweled and shiny.

imagine your wedding ring having the ability to cast fire?

Are you a girl by?
If yes... then I can understand your comment...
If not... check again because you probably are, but not aware of that yet x)

Status
Not open for further replies.