• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No More Fable . . . For Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

690_Peter%20Molyneux%20Body.jpg

Lionhead’s Peter Molyneux confirms that studio’s next game will be a brand new project

With the release of Xbox 360 (and later, PC) RPG Fable III now under three months away, the creative director of Microsoft Games Studios in Europe and Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has confirmed that the studio is to take a break from the Fable series.

“I’m introducing something at Lionhead,” he told Develop in an exclusive interview. “It’s going to be this creative week where, nearer Christmas time, everyone in the studio is going to have an entire week to do whatever they want. And at the end of the week we’re all going to come together look at people’s ideas, and that’s going to form the foundations of what happens next at Lionhead.

“I’m a bit frightened the team is going to find out about this ideas week through Develop, rather than an email from me, but I want our staff to know that giving people the creative freedom in what we do is important.

“But to be honest with you, what’s more important is that anybody at Lionhead should absolutely feel free to come to me, or a lead designer, and give their honest feedback. I consider that very, very, very important.”

To read the full interview, head over to Develop.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Re: No More Fable . . . For Now

This is good. That means they're probably satisfied with Fable 3. I was worried when I heard they were already planning 4 and 5. I was thinking: "Does that mean they have ideas to improve the game that they aren't implementing so they have something new to add next time?"

Also, thank you very much froggy. You're very good at getting this "news" stuff.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

At least his heart is in the right place.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Well, at least this means we know they'll be going back to Fable since 4 & 5 were never officially confirmed.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I'm glad that they are trying to come up with new ideas. I'd hope to see something new from Lionhead other than Fable. I'm sure they will come up with something good.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

excellent, nothing like a brainstorm to come up with new ideas!

thanks sfroggy1!

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Marvelous! I was fearing we would later get horrid titles such as Fable Wars or Fable: Old Kingdom

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;412351 said:
Marvelous! I was fearing we would later get horrid titles such as Fable Wars or Fable: Old Kingdom
haha! + rep :lol:

Still, I hope they have some DLC I can look forward to ^_^

I want MOAR clothes!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

If they work on other games they would be able to get more experience using other tools/software and ideas and maybe use some of the ones they like in Fable IV to further improve it. Much like people are hoping for Rockstar to do by including some things they did in Red Dead Redemption in the next GTA.

Reaction score

This is good news, to me. Glad Lionhead will be showing off new things!

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

Ugh. I wish they would stick with Fable.

They better not make that crappy sports game they've been talking about...

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Maybe a brand new RPG, from the early times. I miss the Fairy's. :(+rep

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Just as long as they dont spend all their time gasping in awe at Kinect, and spend all the money on milo and lola (or whatever it's called), and that they come back to fable at some time in the future, I'll be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.