• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No More Money Glitch!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score
Re: No More Money Glitch!!!!!

Hmm, I thought the glitch got corrected with the first update along with the EXP glitch. Oh well, looks like you're going to have to play it the honest way. Like everyone else.

tillyferrari

Reaction score

TJ Griffin;326540 said:
There is no patch that Im aware of. all you have to do is disconnect live by unplugging the xbox's conection to the internet and then change the date. did you unistall something?

here are the proper steps to take (although I dont approve of doing it, this is how its done)
1 load Fable II and rent some places/buy some shops.
2 make sure enough time has gone by so you are collecting rent (it takes a few days for people to move in I think)
3 save game and exit to dashboard.
4 unplug ethernet cable (or if your using wireless, unplug that) so you cannot access live.
5 change the date on the xbox dashboard to sometime in the future.
6 load Fable II and collect your ill gotten money.
7 save game and exit to dashboard.
8 re connect cable and access live again.

Thats it. although I dont approve of it, I have tryed it a few times. I have come to the conclusion that it can cause a minor glitch that makes your character have the wrong attibutes (like flies when your pure/good, or a halo when your pure/evil etc.) when you first load your save. moving to a new area will correct this. This may be because I used the glitch to quickly become corrupt to open a demon door, and then to quickly become pure again.

With the way the money system is set up, and the way the glitch works, I cant see any way that they could ever correct the glitch. unless they removed the system that earns you money when the game isnt running. The system makes it so painfully easy to get money, I dont see the need to use this glitch. Unless you really like to have 20 million+ gold and nothing to do with it.

Great description TJ;
I tried the Money Glitch once but it didn't work for me so I just did Jobs like you said; and a bit of Gambling too;
But my point is just to say that the Economy still continues when you are not playing as I played Fable 2 the other day to help someone and I now have 19 Million; where I only had 10 Million the last time I played

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Well I'm just trying to sell some stuff online right now to get some good cash, because I don't have the time right now at home to try and earn millions of cash, but all of that is on the Item Trading Forums.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Okay, I tried to delete all of the updates and play offline for a while, and the money glitch worked. I'm just worried that when I plug back into live and download all of the updates again and get all my DLC back, it won't work again, and I won't be able to do the money glitch after that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.