• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oakvale

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper6

Reaction score
Oakvale

do you guys think we will be able to walk through Oakvale in Fable 3? Maybe there will be people living there again? It would be cool to walk through oakvale and see how time has changed it. what do you guys think?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: Oakvale

I think because the Shadow temple is in Oakvale and Reaver is connected to the temple and Reaver is confirmed as a character in Fable 3 that Oakvale will probably return. Maybe you can rebuild it when you're king. Maybe it's not marshes anymore and Logan has turned it into industries or something.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

It was in such high demand for Fable 2, I think they'll have to put it in 3. If not, a lot of fanboys will be angriez again. >:[

Reaction score

sniper6;404801 said:
do you guys think we will be able to walk through Oakvale in Fable 3? Maybe there will be people living there again? It would be cool to walk through oakvale and see how time has changed it. what do you guys think?

Well I'd say that they're gonna need one hell of a set of hedge trimmers to get all the marsh overgrowth out of the way & an exorcist to get rid of the Shadow Court before they even consider rebuilding Oakvale. Plus if Reaver is going to be in this game then that means that the shadow court will also be present, so chances are that oakvale will still be held by them. Maybe at some point in the game there will a chance to destroy the shadow court & as a result if there is some kind of time skip like the 10 year spire one of Fable 2 then Wraithmarsh may have been cleared & a renovation project will have begun to restore Oakvale. However I wouldn't get my hopes up to high, I want this to happen but I do not expect it to actually happen sadly.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I think that your choice in fable 2 will affect it somehow. Like if you choose sacrifice, a whole lot more people will come back into the world. And these people need to go somewhere, so they could be rebuilding oakvale to ease the overpopulation.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

I TRULY doubt anything can diminish the entire Shadow Court in 50 years (time between 2 and 3).

Anyway, if they were driven out of Wraithmarsh, the ground and forests would take time to regenerate, regrow, and turn into its former glory.

Then again, Balverines, Banshees, Undead, trolls.... think about lugging these guys outta Wraithmarsh to rebuild Oakvale.

All I'm saying is, if Oakvale WAS rebuilt, it would not be as it was in its former glory. Dead trees and old dead grass, constant danger from balverines etc, plus a resistance from the Court.

If Oakvale was remade, it'd be like Westcliff (before it was renovated).

However, I DID love that place more than any other.

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404835 said:
I TRULY doubt anything can diminish the entire Shadow Court in 50 years (time between 2 and 3).

Anyway, if they were driven out of Wraithmarsh, the ground and forests would take time to regenerate, regrow, and turn into its former glory.

Then again, Balverines, Banshees, Undead, trolls.... think about lugging these guys outta Wraithmarsh to rebuild Oakvale.

All I'm saying is, if Oakvale WAS rebuilt, it would not be as it was in its former glory. Dead trees and old dead grass, constant danger from balverines etc, plus a resistance from the Court.

If Oakvale was remade, it'd be like Westcliff (before it was renovated).

However, I DID love that place more than any other.

That's what I was thinking, it's unlikely that Oakvale will be fully rebuilt but if there is a time shift at some point & the shadow court are driven out there will hopefully be some kind of visible difference. Not really expecting a miracle though :(

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;404831 said:
I think that your choice in fable 2 will affect it somehow. Like if you choose sacrifice, a whole lot more people will come back into the world. And these people need to go somewhere, so they could be rebuilding oakvale to ease the overpopulation.

Dont mean to make You look daft or anything, but wouldn't they just go back to where they came from lol.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Listen guys, dont get your hopes up.

When we do this kind of stuff, we EXPECT it, though their is NO proof. Then when the game is released, we are disappointed because we had our hopes up for something not mentioned by PM for it.

Then PM takes some of the blame.

Other than not knowing what I am talking about, I hope so too.

ciller

Reaction score

i wonder if reavers going to join ur revaltion soz about spelling for logan wants to kill off the shadow court to turn it into industral

Reaction score

ciller;404854 said:
i wonder if reavers going to join ur revaltion soz about spelling for logan wants to kill off the shadow court to turn it into industral

I'd like to see Logan try...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;404839 said:
Dont mean to make You look daft or anything, but wouldn't they just go back to where they came from lol.

Well over time when these people were gone other people took their place, its the circle of life really. I mean people are dying every second and being born every second, and if you ask me all the towns and cities in albion look pretty full to me. Say you revive thousands of people back all of a sudden, those people will be either homeless or cramped in on their homes. The world would be seriously overpopulated and it would bring a whole new meaning to claustrophobia. Those people are going to have to go. It may sound a bit outrageous, but thats pretty much what would probably happen.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

ciller;404854 said:
SelfAppointedGunslinger;404865 said:
I'd like to see Logan try...
Reaver would probably side with Logan in that case. Reaver has a death deal with the court and he'd probably jump at any opportunity to destroy it. Even if he is part of your rebellion. He has betrayed before.

Cain

Reaction score

If its going to come back, I want it ripe with poverty and disease, with shadow court cult inflences. Don't expect it to look like it used to, its the victorian era and Cholera was as common as mud in those days.

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;404867 said:
Well over time when these people were gone other people took their place, its the circle of life really. I mean people are dying every second and being born every second, and if you ask me all the towns and cities in albion look pretty full to me. Say you revive thousands of people back all of a sudden, those people will be either homeless or cramped in on their homes. The world would be seriously overpopulated and it would bring a whole new meaning to claustrophobia. Those people are going to have to go. It may sound a bit outrageous, but thats pretty much what would probably happen.

Have You been watching Aftermath: Population Overload by any chance? what you said reminds of that episode lol :D

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

I highly doubt it but it would be nice to get rid of Wraithmarsh and have extra rest stops

Reaction score

as in the description for fable 3 it says that mystical beasts and so on and so forth ave been pushed even further out so we could have like what westcliffe was like when you first get there

Reaction score

You never know, they might have a village on stilts & jettys to cope with the marshland, instead of getting rid of it they might have tried to adapt to Wraithmarsh. Kind of like a swamp village.

Status
Not open for further replies.