• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Order in Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
* May Contain Minor Spoilers *

Not long ago I decided I wanted to buy the hardback walkthrough just as a collectors item ( as I'd already finished most of the game ), and I also picked up a copy of "Order of the Balverines" ( which I didnt realise at the time was a full book...dont ask lol ), I finally decided to start reading it and finished it just last night, just curious if anyone else here on the forum has read Order of the Balverines and your opinions of it?
I enjoyed the book over all, I like the dialogue they had between James and Thomas, have to say laughed at some of the one-liner comebacks lol, just enjoyed they way they interacted with each other, I also like the setting of the book - story within a story, and the occasional flip back to the king and the storyteller was very well done, enjoyed these sections when they appeared.

There were also bits of course I thought that could of done with more time developing, certain aspects of the story took quite some detail whereas other areas ( that seemed even more important ) seemed to just flyby and be rushed lol.
But all-in-all I enjoyed the read and enjoyed the sort of open ending they left and the fact that they deliberately left so many questions left open ( instead of a disney type well have a super happily ever after with all areas covered ), I hope I didnt spoil too much of the book for anyone reading this and with hopes of reading the book, if I did apologies, but its worth the read ( also becasue its around £3 and comes with the Shardborne Sword so good value for money - a weapon and a decent story set in our mystical Albion :-D ).

Thanks for reading my mini essay and hopefully others have read this booktoo.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sadly I hated the book - I thought it was fail from start to finish. The author tried too hard to make it funny in places, so it wasn't, and to me it seemed he had no feel nor concept of the Fable universe. Wish there was something about it I liked but it was crap.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this though :lol:

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Sadly I hated the book - I thought it was fail from start to finish. The author tried too hard to make it funny in places, so it wasn't, and to me it seemed he had no feel nor concept of the Fable universe. Wish there was something about it I liked but it was crap.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this though :lol:

I did like the humor :) but I sort of agree with you on the Albion side of things, anything mentioned was just that, mentioned and no more, no great detail for anything that we would regconise from the fable univers, whether this was done intentionally so it can be a stand-alone book, or because of any choices in the came that could of altered the place in question hence making it difficult to describe exactly I dont know lol, I'm sorry you were dissipointed in the book, sad to here but thanks for replying :).

thing844

Generic Shopkeeper
Reaction score
I thought the book was really good, I thought James, Thomas and Locke were brilliant and my nerdy little brain would adore it if they were to appear in DLC someday, or perhaps learn more of the Truimvirate?
So yeah...

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I thought the book was really good, I thought James, Thomas and Locke were brilliant and my nerdy little brain would adore it if they were to appear in DLC someday, or perhaps learn more of the Truimvirate?
So yeah...

*Spoiler*

There's 4 statues in the castle that refer to the truimvirate, if you go to them in order ( its easy to figure out ) an opening appears with a chest, not much but atleast it's something.
No-one else read the book then
cry.gif
lol.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
^ Would love it if there was a REAL reference in Fable 3, you know, like at least a side quest

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Yeah, after reading the book I'd love to see the trio in Fable. Especially SPOILER ALERT Locke who I believe to be the story teller. SPOILER ALERT. I mean, who is that king. Maybe the story teller could come visit you, then you could reveal to him of your knowledge of Balverines. Then you could go kick some Balverine ass with the trio! That'd be awesome!

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Is it a real book, something not only 100 pages long?

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Yeah, after reading the book I'd love to see the trio in Fable. Especially SPOILER ALERT Locke who I believe to be the story teller. SPOILER ALERT. I mean, who is that king. Maybe the story teller could come visit you, then you could reveal to him of your knowledge of Balverines. Then you could go kick some Balverine ass with the trio! That'd be awesome!

Yeh I would really enjoy a tie-in, like if locke came to you for assistance in killing the balverines that were with reaver in the cut scene (also have some more story-line with reaver).

Is it a real book, something not only 100 pages long?

Its an actualy book - just touching 400 pages, I got it for like 3 quid, for the price and the shardbone, well worth the value, and I did enjoy the read overall, not heaving reading but enjoyable none-the-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.