• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Personal Opinions on Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
You probably leveled your dog too much, with the dog books...? I didn't do anything with him, so he can't do sh*t, except finding useless treasures.

I thought thats what all dogs found? Crappy treasures and such..

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
But it also didn't steal any kills. :p

Haha. Happy New Years in advanced fellow fabler! I'm not sure I'll be logged on later.
Got to spend time with my fiance, who currently is out getting takeout.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Haha. Happy New Years in advanced fellow fabler! I'm not sure I'll be logged on later.
Got to spend time with my fiance, who currently is out getting takeout.

''In advance''? I'm almost two hours sinto 2011, in the Netherlands! Merry Easter to you too.
Uhm...
I mean, y'know. ;)

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
You probably leveled your dog too much, with the dog books...? I didn't do anything with him, so he can't do sh*t, except finding useless treasures.
Yes, i did level my dog too high lol. I should have just leveled the search treasure, and charisma.
However i have discover something quite unusual. Maybe its a glitch, i do not know.
My first hero, was good, then after becoming ruler, decided to defile my responsibilities to my kingdom.
Now after creating and playing my second hero (good hero); as i said before, my dog attacks, and takes my kills.
For some reason after going back to my first hero, my dog does attack, but does not take the kill, same level as the second hero dog. Its like the dog it either miffed at me, so it cant be bothered to protect me, or its so afraid of my hero, that it' more concerned about its own safety.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I havent played it much yet but did put a couple of hours into it yesterday and so far im enjoying it. Besides the awful NPC interaction thats always been in the Fable series and the inability to pause properly without going into the sanctuary which irks me i havent been able to fault that much yet when comparing it to other Fable games. If i was to compare it to other games in the genre then maybe id raise more issues but when comparing it to past Fable titles they have improved some of the things that annoyed me in the past (so far). I will likely find more things the more i play it but i shall wait and see.

In all the other Fables you might have thought '' this is good, but could be better''. Well, that is like Fable III. There are things I hate about it... such as some cheesy voice acting... times when they try to be 'to' funny. However, the map, the new pause 'menu', the clothing, they're all nice. However it seems... dumbed down.

I don't like the new thing where when you press start it goes to the secret place or whatever. I get really irritated. I pause my game often and I like just being able to press one damn button.

Agree with you both on those points currently.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I actually like the sanctuary. THe only thing different is that it's an interactive place, rather than a menu. If I want to pause the game, that's fine. Press start, and I'm safe from sudden fight. Press it again, and I'm back. I didn't mind if they kep menus, though, but there were times in Fable 2 that I was scrolling through the list, for one item, way to long. In Fable 3, I presonally find it easier to work with, especially the clothing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I actually like the sanctuary. THe only thing different is that it's an interactive place, rather than a menu. If I want to pause the game, that's fine. Press start, and I'm safe from sudden fight. Press it again, and I'm back. I didn't mind if they kep menus, though, but there were times in Fable 2 that I was scrolling through the list, for one item, way to long. In Fable 3, I presonally find it easier to work with, especially the clothing.

Id rather change clothes in a menu as i dont like having to go into a room and cycle through the items as it seems to take longer than it should to simply switch an item.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Id rather change clothes in a menu as i dont like having to go into a room and cycle through the items as it seems to take longer than it should to simply switch an item.

With me, it actually took longer, because I ahd to go up and down the lists, select/deselect, choose outfits, remove items. Whatever. For me, it works quicker right now. xD So it's not just opinion, it's also the way it's used. :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
With me, it actually took longer, because I ahd to go up and down the lists, select/deselect, choose outfits, remove items. Whatever. For me, it works quicker right now. xD So it's not just opinion, it's also the way it's used. :p

Well i always sell anything im not using so would be 2 button clicks and be equipped instead of walking into a room, up to a model and cycling through them. Took me a while to figure out how to change facial hair etc too.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I like it.

End of opinion.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
The Sanctuary was actually a really ingenious idea on their part. Yeah, there were a few problems with it, but I thought it was a completely fresh idea of taking the UI into different levels. When you pull up a traditional menu, it's pretty much a break away from the game and doing some alterations in weapons or whatever before going back in.

This way, it's like the hero took a moment to suit up for whatever's coming to them, so it's more of a feature than a technical thing for the player to do. So I do like the Sanctuary menu.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
I really like the game.. I never played the 1st one, only the second and now this one.. I loved it! It's a bit unique to each kind and i wish i could play the next one in less than a year.. But it's impossible i guess.. :(

SeancyB

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game
Reaction score
That's tough for me to answer. I ended up getting the limited edition this time because I've been a fan of the series since it began. I've always liked the humor. That's been consistent throughout the games. For Fable 3, I liked all the decisions you could make as the King or Queen. The story was pretty good overall. SPOILER ALERT. Although, I was incredibly disappointed in the final fight. You see this creepy evil monster and you never fight it in its natural form. You basically kill your friend and he tells you he's proud of you. I felt sorry for him, but at the same time I saw that coming a mile away. I felt like the whole time I was playing Fable 3, I was thinking I'll just keep my expectations low so if they are exceeded I'll be pleasantly suprised. I say that because I feel like Peter Molyneux makes promises he can't keep. I bet he'd be evil if he played Fable 3. Agree with everyone about the DLC. Now to the more positive. The pause menu was annoying at first, but once I got used to it and figured out where everything was in the sanctuary I really liked it. I really liked the weapons changing based on your actions. I have 3 saves and all of the hero weapons are compltely unique. I love that they made the online co-op what it was supposed to be in Fable 2. The dog being able to kill enemies was nice. Only annoying when trying to get weapon upgrades. Wish you could tell him when to attack and when to heel. Love the references to Fable 2 and 1. Enjoyed the magic weaving. Overall, I really liked Fable 3.

Akakei

Reaction score
I've only had it for about 3 days and I'm not very far. What I enjoy the most (and what actually convinced me to get the game) was the art style and character design. I wasn't a big fan of the way a lot of things actually looked in Fable 2. But maybe that was just because it was taking time for me to warm up to the pre-steampunk setting. I just think the character design for male or female heroes looks cooler.
As for things I wish they would get rid of in future installments, my wish would be that they would get rid of bulking out type of over-muscular appearence that you get when you start increasing your melee attack power. It just makes the hero look too haggard. In my 2nd playthrough of Fable 2, I actually shied away from increasing my character's physique because it made her look so ugly.
I predict Fable 4 will be full-on steampunk. It will feel very Trigun-esque. I'm kind of hoping they go back to medieval though because, steampunk doesn't fit the title "Fable" very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.