• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Post-Gnomes.... anyone notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joss

Reaction score
Hey folks: To those of you who have finished the gnome quest (shot all 50) - have you noticed that when in Brightwall and near the furniture shop, specifically up near the chest/gifts seller, you can still hear gnome voices speaking? "Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary here...." and other comments. If you go directly to the area with the gnomes, it is totally silent.

It's pretty funny. I wonder if there are further gnome-oriented experiences to be had, or if this is just something Lionhead thought would be amusing.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
A few others here have noticed - I like it when they say "shhh....here he/she comes. Act normal!"

Pink

Reaction score
A few others here have noticed - I like it when they say "shhh....here he/she comes. Act normal!"
^^^ that is hilarious!! the humor in fable 3 is soo much better than the others.

i need 1 more to hit 50. but I have no idea where it is.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Whereabouts are you?

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Yup I noticed it too, hint at future dlc? Or just another Easter egg?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Totally lol'd when that happened...I f*ckin' lurve those gnomes!

Recycled Human

Reaction score
I think people are getting there hopes too high for the amount of post-launch attention that Fable III will have.

I'd be willing to bet on at least one more piece but I have seen games that get loads of attention. Borderlands seemed to get a bunch.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet on at least one more piece but I have seen games that get loads of attention. Borderlands seemed to get a bunch.
There will probably be more pieces, but expecting most of the unfinished (or finished, like the gnomes) things to be made into DLC is silly. My personal guess is that we will have two big DLCs, one that has tdo with the Veiled Path and the other with the Monorail. Other than that, I'm positive we will have a microtransaction galore.

Epiternal

Reaction score
Oh I noticed, annoying little buggers, when you were searching for them, hearing their derogative comments was like music to ones ears, but after you got them all you wish they'd shut up. Not that it matters to me much anyway, since i encountered a game altering glitch Brightwall is effectively off limits to my hero, let he wants to wind up in game-crash city again.

Reaction score
im expecting once the dlc's come out there will be more complaints and more people saying the game is **** its a great game just people just gotta stop listening to PM and his big fat mouth

Recycled Human

Reaction score
There will probably be more pieces, but expecting most of the unfinished (or finished, like the gnomes) things to be made into DLC is silly. My personal guess is that we will have two big DLCs, one that has tdo with the Veiled Path and the other with the Monorail. Other than that, I'm positive we will have a microtransaction galore.

When one is presented with such a situation i.e. Gnomes still talking after being found there seems to only be two possibilities. Either it is foreshadowing (a common device used in every form of literature to a near cliche) or it's simply forgotten (even more common in every form of literature). So it seems your answer to my question (do you think this is a hint at future dlc or merely an Easter egg) is the latter. I appreciate your input. And you will forgive me if I dont assume your word is gospel.

As far as the nature of speculating potential DLC I would say that all 'possibilities' holding equal value (in this case 0) are in fact silly. But in regards to this particular situation, the question itself is rather logical considering it involves the only two possible options for furthering this topic.

Of course I would be glad to discuss any possible conversations regarding this topic that I may not have thought of. I obviously don't think I know everything.

Joss

Reaction score
Compared to the gargoyles in Fable II, these guys were SO much more funny, and mean - loved it. My secret fantasy (no longer secret): a big 'ol gnome boss.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
im expecting once the dlc's come out there will be more complaints and more people saying the game is s*** its a great game just people just gotta stop listening to PM and his big fat mouth

For me, it's not about that. I disliked the game and I didn't read/watch anything about it for about six months leading up to it.

shane states

Reaction score
must be nice to get to do the gnome mission... I bought the regular Fable 3 and had 35-40 of them killed when I decided I wanted the Collectors Edition and when I uploaded my collectors edition I also started a new proflie and it wont even let me go to the scene of the wreck where you find the gargoyle to start it... When i get going up the path in Mistpeak it posp up (DISC UNREADABLE) and stops my game...

HelloFriend

Reaction score
I think you're all giving Lionhead too much credit. Isn't it possible that they messed up and just didn't remember to make the gnomes stop talking after you get them all?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I think you're all giving Lionhead too much credit. Isn't it possible that they messed up and just didn't remember to make the gnomes stop talking after you get them all?
They're not retarded, only their testers are. They have different dialogue when you hear them at Brightwall.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
"Who said that? Can't have been that garden Gnome..."

BlackShuck063

If it bleeds, we can kill it...
Reaction score
^^^ that is hilarious!! the humor in fable 3 is soo much better than the others.

i need 1 more to hit 50. but I have no idea where it is.
just wondering if you've found that last gnome.

Status
Not open for further replies.