• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Pre-Ordering EXCLUSIVE!'<----Not fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
For people who didn't pre-order Fable III, do you think that it's fair that the people who pre-ordered it get special treatment with weapons, clothes, ect. that we will NEVER HAVE!!! Also, who wants to shoot Reaver in the head in Fable III?!?!?! (I hope it's not just me :p )

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
Uh, most games do this. They want people to pre-order, more money for them.

Andrew:D

Reaction score
It's widely done, either complain or just cough up early and get extra items.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
See... What if you didn't pre-order (like me. I got it @ GAMESTOP the day it came out)? Then you feel bad that you didn't and you will never have that stuff

Archmenel

Reaction score
Such is life.

I didn't pre-order either. But I'll live without a few extra items...which I would most likely enjoy only a small fraction of anyway.

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
Yes, that would be the point of pre-ordering.

If it is of any consolation, the stuff blows. :thumbsup:

I'm really wanting the LCE extras, myself.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. In the Fable II DLC the only thing I actually used was the Witchhunter (or was it Witchspotter?) hat.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
If you really want it that badly, codes are for sale on eBay, and there are even copies of the LE being sold on Amazon.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
No, it's just that I know SOOOOOOOOOO many people who complain about that and I want to know what others think.

Archmenel

Reaction score
You want to incite some tasty tirades on the issue then...oh, not nice.

Instigator *grins*.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
It's a business strategy that works, that's all Lionhead cares about.
Doesn't surprise me. In the Fable II DLC the only thing I actually used was the Witchhunter (or was it Witchspotter?) hat.
Witchspotter.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Ah, thank you. I couldn't recall whether that word was from something else or not. Makes sense now though, the rag-tag that cut Lady Grey into cute, little pieces.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Ah, thank you. I couldn't recall whether that word was from something else or not. Makes sense now though, the rag-tag that cut Lady Grey into cute, little pieces.
Only to be reconstructed for my hero to get some zombie ass.

Archmenel

Reaction score
*Grins*

I couldn't do that to the pathetic Gravekeeper. Poor blighter, he deserved the moldy lady.

Kahindes

Reaction score
See... What if you didn't pre-order (like me. I got it @ GAMESTOP the day it came out)? Then you feel bad that you didn't and you will never have that stuff

Well, put it this way, I got the LCE and I can't say that it's really enriched or enhanced this game's enjoyability anymore then the regular edition. Intelligently I could have resisted the lure of the features and been just as happy and entertained as the normal edition. The extras are few and even go as far as being insignificant to the game in general. Granted, if you wanting something in particular that you just had to have, then by all means buy it for that and that alone. However if you just wanted it since everyone else has it or feel that it in some way proves you a real fan of the series, then I suggest that it is really no big loss and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

My point being is that you aren't missing out on much and in hindsight I probably would have felt a little better if I had that extra money back in my pocket. Not that I don't love the series and all that just that it really didn't add much that's all.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Well, put it this way, I got the LCE and I can't say that it's really enriched or enhanced this game's enjoyability anymore then the regular edition. Intelligently I could have resisted the lure of the features and been just as happy and entertained as the normal edition. The extras are few and even go as far as being insignificant to the game in general. Granted, if you wanting something in particular that you just had to have, then by all means buy it for that and that alone. However if you just wanted it since everyone else has it or feel that it in some way proves you a real fan of the series, then I suggest that it is really no big loss and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

My point being is that you aren't missing out on much and in hindsight I probably would have felt a little better if I had that extra money back in my pocket. Not that I don't love the series and all that just that it really didn't add much that's all.
But... but the boxer...

Faedil

Reaction score
the only thing that i think is "unfair" about pre-order bonuses or limited editions is the "limited part." (i know, its limited to make it special) what im getting at is this, if you want to reward fans for pre-ordering or forking up extra cash for a limited edition, don't limit the number of fans who can get the reward. i always think it is such a shame when a store runs out of limited edition pre-orders. the store AND the company lose money by only producing a certain amount, which NEVER lives up to the demand for such items. i think limited editions should be UNLIMITED up until say.......a month or so before the release of the game (assuming 1 month is enough for production of the extras included in limited editions) that way more players have access to the LCE if they want it and are willing to pay more for it. as far as pre-order bonuses go, as long as you "pre-order" it you get the extra stuff and theoretically if you pre-order something at 9pm for a midnight release, that should still count as a pre-order. I fully believe in rewarding people for making the decision to buy a game in advance. It helps the store gauge how many copies they should have on the shelf on opening day, and it helps the production company estimate demand for the product. Plus, competing pre-order bonuses promotes healthy competition between game stores. As long as the pre-order bonus doesnt affect things like achievements, then I dont see why its unfair to players who dont pre-order.

(sorry for the long post)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Pre-order makes your life easier, you can go to a store or wait your mailbox and you will surely receive what you wanted. One day though, some bald a<3<3<3<3<3e woke up and said "Lets give a bonus with the game, to increase sells!" and that's what happened; now we have cheap bonuses for when we just want the game. The game. Not the bonus. The game.

shane states

Reaction score
For people who didn't pre-order Fable III, do you think that it's fair that the people who pre-ordered it get special treatment with weapons, clothes, ect. that we will NEVER HAVE!!! Also, who wants to shoot Reaver in the head in Fable III?!?!?! (I hope it's not just me :p )

TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO BOUGHT THE PLAIN VERSION AND BEAT IT. THEN DECIDED I WANTED THE COLLECTORS EDITION AND FOUND A GMAESTOP WHO HAD ONE THAT SOMEONE DIDNT PICK UP. DUE TO THE FACT THEY ARE PREORDER ONLY... ITS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. BUT I THINK IF UR GONNA RESERVE ONE AND PRE-ORDER IT YOU DO DESERVE THE EXTRA BONUSES...

Status
Not open for further replies.