• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prevent weapons from spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertile01

Reaction score
Running through fable 3 to get some weapons? Sick of getting that chickenbane in the sanctuary treasury after the first three times? Well, I have an untested solution! I'm sorry I have to leave you in suspense, but first I'd like to tell you how this works:

Okay, when you Start a new game, the game says, "let's put a chickenbane in the sanctuary treasury, and the equalizer in the ossuary demon door." like that. It does NOT go, "Oh he opened a chest that's meant to have a weapon in it, what should we put in it?" in short, weapons do not generate on opening a chest, they are chosen and set on starting a new game. So loading up a save before opening a chest will not change it's contents.

That's what I believe, and will not change if this doesn't work. Now, onto the trick. Let's say, you will get a chickenbane in the silver chest in mourningwood. You've got 3 of those In other playthroughs, and don't want it. Load a game with a chickenbane, give it to a second player, load the previous save up, get the guest to give the chickenbane to you, and open up the chest. Now, I suspect that the game will not give you a weapon you already have, so it will give you a Different weapon. It says, "we were gonna give him a chickenbane, but he already has it, lets give him a sandgoose"

There you go, hope it wasn't too hard to find the trick in that forest of theories! Note: this is UNTESTED. Feel free to try this. I will do the same, and I think I'll finally exclude the chance of getting those really common weapons. OOOHH maybe we can give someone every weapon you have (every weapon you have, minus that elusive sandgoose you need so badly).

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I already tried that sort of theory. It is locked in from the start of your hero. I opened the Sanctuary chest and got a Sandgoose, and I didn't save, so I would have to open it again. A friend let me hold his while he transfered his stuff over, went and opened my chest while waiting, still got a Sandgoose.

ActOfGod81

Reaction score
Idk what happened to you guys, but the first 5 weapons I got more like the most powerful of their type.

Status
Not open for further replies.