• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 loses Katamari to Microsoft?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
PS3 loses Katamari to Microsoft?

Is another title about to switch again? It seems Microsoft have got their eyes on signing the next Katamari Damacy game, Beautiful Katamari as an Xbox 360 exclusive. It was announced earlier in the year for BOTH Xbox 360 and the PS3 but according to Level Up an exclusivity deal between Microsoft and Namco Bandai is "very close" to being finalised. Both Bandai and Microsoft have refused to comment and will probably unveil the news at E3 in July.

Read Whole Article Here:

PS3 looses Katamari to Microsoft? - CVG.com

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: PS3 loses Katamari to Microsoft?

That'll be weird..to learn the controls on a differen't console..:(...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;99648 said:
That'll be weird..to learn the controls on a differen't console..:(...

Weird but it happens all the time and you often find the new 'refined' controls are more to your liking.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I know. That's why I said weird. and not bad. ;)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Wow Sony loses another one. (Maybe)
I don't think this is good for gaming. It would be cool if there were NO exclusives then you could choose your console on merit alone. Alas this is not the case and will likely be true for some time to come

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;99666 said:
Wow Sony loses another one. (Maybe)
I don't think this is good for gaming. It would be cool if there were NO exclusives then you could choose your console on merit alone. Alas this is not the case and will likely be true for some time to come

Without exclusives they may all get together and make one console between all the companies. The most powerful console would always win as it would have the same games as the rest but could run them better and at a better frame rate.

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

True, but teaming up isn't necessarily a bad thing. If Sony and Microsoft somehow teamed up, they could make a console that'd defy the rules animation, structure, and even FPS control rate.

But then again, it's not Microsoft or Sony without competition.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Three;99679 said:
True, but teaming up isn't necessarily a bad thing. If Sony and Microsoft somehow teamed up, they could make a console that'd defy the rules animation, structure, and even FPS control rate.

But then again, it's not Microsoft or Sony without competition.

They both have different goals and ways of doing business and would never come to any agreements.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well they did change the Controls for Smackdown. And I did not enjoy that one bit.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;99722 said:
Well they did change the Controls for Smackdown. And I did not enjoy that one bit.

I thought the controls for that were so much better when you learned them, gave you so much more freedom and was so much easier to remember how to do every move.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Looks like it will be coming to Live Arcade in October
We reported on Friday that Beautiful Katamari appears to be headed exclusively (for a while anyway) to the Xbox 360. Now, word has hit that the game may actually be released for the Xbox 360 this October as an Xbox Live Arcade game. While we haven't seen it confirmed as of yet, the first sentence in a GameSpot hands-on doesn't mince words (emphasis added):
The big, huge Katamari ball of junk just keeps on rolling, this time with a new installment called Beautiful Katamari slated to hit Xbox Live Arcade in October.
VGGEN.com News - Beautiful Katamari Headed to Xbox Live Arcade?