• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reading? Do people still do that?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Reading? Do people still do that?

Meh. I've read the first two Fablehaven books, but... I don't know. They kind of reminded me of... the unicorn books that Bruce Coville wrote. Or maybe something else I'm trying to remember and failing.

Entertaining, yes, well written, yes, but very pedestrian j-fantasy.

Again, not that books targeted at kids are BAD, (and Fablehaven almost always seems to be classified as YA/teen anyway, for some reason) but sometimes they tend to be a little TOO much stuck in their genre. Nothing to really make them stand out.

I dunno.

EDIT:

I MISSED ONE!

Benjamin510;426966 said:
Have any of you tried the "Hunger Games" Trilogy? It's a pretty good series, it was the only good completely POV book that i've read.

I haven't read it, but my sister did and swore up and down that I'd love it. She's usually a decent judge.

Also, how do you mean "only good completely POV book that i've read?" Do you mean that it was written in first-person point-of-view and you don't usually like that or what?

killerequinox

Reaction score
Re: Reading? Do people still do that?

You should give the series another shot. The last two books are definitely worth reading.