• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

reasons 2 bring back armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FableTLCFan

Reaction score
reasons 2 bring back armor

1 because it looks cool
2 because it keeps u from gettin dead

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: reasons 2 bring back armor

Even if you wanted armors so badly, you wouldn't have them now. The game will release in two months, they are just squashing the few remaining bugs. Therefore, I doubt they can accept any requests anymore.

PS: There will be an armor or two in Fable III.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Fable 3 is trying to be historically accurate/accurate to historical events. Armour was rendered redundant by the emergence of firearms. if you want armour, go back and play TLC, or knothole island. Armour is already out-moded and nigh on useless. being fable, they may add a few suits, though, but i highly doubt that they will re-introduce armour defensive mechanics.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

1 because it looks cool
2 because it keeps u from gettin dead

Those are the two worst reasons to bring back armor... anything in particular. Besides, Armor just doesn't fit in. You can't expect to be an armor-clad warrior during a gunfight. Seriously? GUNS must be your enemy then, cause that is why armor left.

Because it keeps you from getting dead? First of all, just by adding armor doesn't necessarily mean LIONHEAD HAS to make it increase defense. If that were the case in II, they would've lowered the amount of HP you had, and increased income from jobs. Same ol same ol.

Peter M says he doesn't like armor having those 'defense attributes' because by the end of the game everyone looked the same: Either Bright or Dark Plate Armor.

Shew.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

You go get some armor and I'll shoot you. That'll be the test of the century.

Reaction score

I don’t want the original armour back I want modern forged smooth armour because it looked good and personally I think the sorry excuse for armour in fable 2 was really really bad. Firstly it didn’t look good and it made you look like a giant fatty no matter if you were skinny or fat so I want armour that doesn’t add 30 kg I want armour like Logan’s. Secondly the reason most people probably wore the armour was yes it did have the highest defence bonus BUT IT LOOKED GOOD (I wore it for this reason) and even if you didn’t ware the best armour in fable 1 you could compensate with health if you really needed to but really its fable. Thirdly I wore the poor clothing (good) or the rich clothing (bad) because they were the best looking cloths in the game everything else made you LOOK FAT. I don’t want my character to be fat and come on the weight system sucked in fable 2 could pm just bring in a bench press or jogging mini game to get you fit I don’t want to spend half an hour eating celery and shouldn’t your character be fit enough as he runs around the world fighting stuff. Finally the amount of running your hero does would make you loose weight and this is why they should bring back good looking armour and stop making fable characters annoyingly fat just because we like eating cake and drinking beer.

Reaction score

You could get away with cavalry chest armour, but fully fledged medieval armour in a 19th century Style game? nah... It'd be useless against a hail of musket fire. I agree with Syth, I would like to get armour like Logan's: a chest plate over a military style royal uniform, something like this:

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/images/rhg1905nco.jpg

rhg1905nco.jpg

In My opinion this would fit into the game a lot better.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;417994 said:
You could get away with cavalry chest armour, but fully fledged medieval armour in a 19th century Style game? nah... It'd be useless against a hail of musket fire. I agree with Syth, I would like to get armour like Logan's: a chest plate over a military style royal uniform, something like this:

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/images/rhg1905nco.jpg

rhg1905nco.jpg

In My opinion this would fit into the game a lot better.

That is quite honestly a badass armour. I really would love that rather than some full mails, I couldn't stand them in one.
Cue armour rant- [Butt teh armorz ish soo much best at keepin u from dieing!!]

king_reaver

Reaction score

fable has been at peace for 500 year
why need armor since country has no real evil threat

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Look at Japanese history, specifically 18th century stuff. When the US(?) warships disgorged US(?)troops on Japan with lots of guns, the samurai fought back with swords and plate armour. They got owned and the US way of life (mod cons, tech, Presidents instead of Shoguns etc.). Armour IS redundant. Even we (the Brits) realised this eventually and moved from armour to Material with Neck Gorgets, to kevlar.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Don't give me that "historically accurate" crap otherwise magic wouldn't exist because magic doesn't exist. So if they can add magic to the game there is nothing stopping them from adding armors. By the way, I used the Dark Will User's set all throughout Fable: The Lost Chapters and I topped it off with my Dark Wizard Hat. Never used anything else and I went with pure Will powers too just to add a bit more to the challenge.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that they could very easily add armors without needing to add any sort of "defense" stat to them.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418084 said:
Don't give me that "historically accurate" crap otherwise magic wouldn't exist because magic doesn't exist. So if they can add magic to the game there is nothing stopping them from adding armors. By the way, I used the Dark Will User's set all throughout Fable: The Lost Chapters and I topped it off with my Dark Wizard Hat. Never used anything else and I went with pure Will powers too just to add a bit more to the challenge.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that they could very easily add armors without needing to add any sort of "defense" stat to them.

sorry, you obviously misunderstood my use of 'historically accurate'. i meant the commonly known fact, that lionhead have stated, that fable is loosely based on historical events (dark ages/medieval for fable 1, maybe 15th/16th century for fable 2). Also, magic has been abundant throughout world history, it's just that it doesn't work!! so don't give me that 'Don't give me that 'Historically Accurate' crap' crap, alright!

KnightImmortal33

Holy Hero
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418084 said:

That is the key armor needs to aesthetic b/c I enjoy a good suit of armor especially if it is regal armor...armor makes the hero look menacing and important.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;418106 said:
sorry, you obviously misunderstood my use of 'historically accurate'. i meant the commonly known fact, that lionhead have stated, that fable is loosely based on historical events (dark ages/medieval for fable 1, maybe 15th/16th century for fable 2). Also, magic has been abundant throughout world history, it's just that it doesn't work!! so don't give me that 'Don't give me that 'Historically Accurate' crap' crap, alright!

I didn't misunderstand anything. That's precisely how I interpreted "historically accurate" and no, magic has never existed throughout history, just the nutjobs who believed it did exist. I'd like to believe it exists but then I'd be labeled crazy and thrown into an asylum.

KnightImmortal33;418107 said:
That is the key armor needs to aesthetic b/c I enjoy a good suit of armor especially if it is regal armor...armor makes the hero look menacing and important.

Exactly. Armor doesn't have to provide us with any sort of defense boost, it can be purely aesthetic. Of course, I don't care about armor because I prefer something more maneuverable and wizard-y to compliment my evil casting ways.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418118 said:
I didn't misunderstand anything. That's precisely how I interpreted "historically accurate" and no, magic has never existed throughout history, just the nutjobs who believed it did exist. I'd like to believe it exists but then I'd be labeled crazy and thrown into an asylum.

but then again...
Nostradamus. enough people still now believe that nostra could forsee the future.
Barnum (medieval)
merlin (not proven to exist, but...)

and in the gap between f1 and f2, plenty of people (albionites) stopped believing in magic

Arch

Reaction score

Armor can save you from bullets ... You think nobody today uses armor ? What about vests and helmets ?

I really want to see few armors in FableIII ...

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;418120 said:
but then again...
Nostradamus. enough people still now believe that nostra could forsee the future.
Barnum (medieval)
merlin (not proven to exist, but...)

and in the gap between f1 and f2, plenty of people (albionites) stopped believing in magic

Yes and people believe the world will end in 2012. That's called superstition. Those people are irrational and ignorant.

Barnum? You mean like P.T. Barnum?

Merlin was a story character...

Yes and they soon learned after that it was very, very real when I came walking through town.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Arch;418123 said:
Armor can save you from bullets ... You think nobody today uses armor ? What about vests and helmets ?

sorry, you really think, or even want, that lionhead would add kevlar vests and flak armour into fable. Insane!!!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Arch;418123 said:

Indeed! Kevlar vests are essentially modern forms of armor.

(Also, forgive this double post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.