• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Ring and Knothole Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarleyQuinn218

Red Ring and Knothole Island

So, a while ago I got the Red Ring of Death and sent my xbox 360 to Germany to be fixed. It came back fine and all our saved games were there, but...

Before it red ringed, we had downloaded Knothole Island and I, a secondary user of the machine, completed it and got various acheivements. Since it came back, I can't access it. The message that reads when I try going on my 1st Hero says it was played with different downloadable content installed. However, the initial user, my brother, can access it. It's still in the memory, but on my user the game only shows as having the free version, the one where he's down at the docks but you can't get in the submarine and actually go to the Island. I'm a silver user if that helps.

Is there any way to fix this because I need that augment remover!!

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score
Re: Red Ring and Knothole Island

I read something about this on the official LH forums, will try and find it again... but from memory I think they had to contact MS support and get them to resolve the issue... will edit post later when I find it again.

R

R3kt4l Raid3r

This is the first time I've heard about this. o_O

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn218;299724 said:
So, a while ago I got the Red Ring of Death and sent my xbox 360 to Germany to be fixed. It came back fine and all our saved games were there, but...

Before it red ringed, we had downloaded Knothole Island and I, a secondary user of the machine, completed it and got various acheivements. Since it came back, I can't access it. The message that reads when I try going on my 1st Hero says it was played with different downloadable content installed. However, the initial user, my brother, can access it. It's still in the memory, but on my user the game only shows as having the free version, the one where he's down at the docks but you can't get in the submarine and actually go to the Island. I'm a silver user if that helps.

Is your profile an Xbox live account if not theres your problem I downloaded the heroic map pack for Halo 3 but they only work on my profile

S

Scottie

While I don't have an answer, I have heard about this too. I'll keep an eye out for an answer.

R

-Ravan-

I haven't had this problem. However I have three saves, Have downloaded last night. And can't seem to acess it. The game runs fine but I don't know who I have to speak to to open it up. I know I have to go somewhere like Bowerstone docks but like I said noone is there. As I don't have a regular subscrption to Live and simply download off other people Connection onto my HDD, then play it like that, this isn't the first time DLC has done this to me and its becoming Annoying.

X

Xeon

Red Ring of death is bull****, I gave mine a good shake everything was back to normal :p

S

Scottie

Once mine had the red ring I sent in to Microsoft, they fixed it, slapped a month of Free Membership on it, and shipped it back in one week. I can't really complain other then the fact that it shouldn't have had the Red Ring in the first place.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn218;299724 said:

It says that message to me when I take the hard-drive off our original xbox and put it on the one that's in the living room. :lol: Weird. :wacko:

R

Rogue Rhino

I think some thing got lost in the transfer of memory, when you sent you xbox in. When they replace and reinstall the hardware and firmware I'm pretty sure they dump all your saved content on to a seprate hard drive then reinstall it to your xbox. I'll bet that the info was lost there.

Status
Not open for further replies.