• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Road to Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Road to Rule

The Tyrant Lord;420625 said:
1. Not the point, playing a Will character is a choice, whereas overall difficulty should be a requirement.

2. BUT THEY ARE THERE!!! You just have to do some more things, I mean, in other threads you say you want the game to be complete (as in, no exclusive quests, etc.) but here, you're telling me you don't want the new feature because some quests might be repetitive.

1. You can't exactly make swinging a sword or firing a gun very difficult.

2. No, I never said I don't want any of the new features, I just don't want this Road to Rule thing. I have to work my ass off just to be able to have sex or buy a home. That seems awfully pointless and how does that work for my character? Is he really that big of a dumb ass that he doesn't know where to put his pecker?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

I think I understand why you think like that, I checked your 'cheevos and saw you didn't have The Gargoyle nor The Hoarder. What I want you to understand is that most people in this forum will have those, because they love Fable so much that they won't realize how their time is consumed while looking for little cybernetic gargoyles to shoot at. And I know you're gonna disagree with me here, and you might even find this offensive, but I think you are a casual Fable player. I said Fable because I don't know you other game experiences.

But you see, I completely respect that having Will oriented character makes it the game harder, but that's not being a hardcore Fable player.

Being a Hardcore Fable Player, is not caring about how repetitive a quest is, but enjoying it, is buying every piece of DLC that, even though you know it's just 2 more hours or 3 more quests, because those 3 quests make your heart pound every second of playing it. It's buying and pre.ordering books, and controllers and limited editions, just because they will make you spend 10 more minutes in a game you love

With that said, I must said I really enjoyed our debate, but I no longer wish to continue, as I understand we share different opinions about this game and it's company.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

You can't base anything off of achievements. My old profile had everything but I had to delete it because I couldn't stand my username and I could not afford the fee to change it. Yes, calling me a casual anything is extremely insulting but... I refuse to get upset.

There's a huge difference between being a hardcore gamer and being a blind fanatic. If you actually loved the game you would play it despite its flaws but you WOULD acknowledge the fact that there are flaws in the game and hell, you might just suggest ways to fix it.

Also, I'm poor, I can't afford to blow all my money on a single game for a tad bit of extra content. If I could, I most certainly would but I can't and it saddens me that I can't. However, judging me based on my financial status is extremely low.

There is no difference between me and an avid fan of the series (considering that I am one), I apologize for having deleted my previous profile and because I was born into a poor, dysfunctional family but I have not been given the means in which to change that. If that makes me less of a gamer or a fan then so be it but I will never view it that way.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;420636 said:
You can't base anything off of achievements. My old profile had everything but I had to delete it because I couldn't stand my username and I could not afford the fee to change it. Yes, calling me a casual anything is extremely insulting but... I refuse to get upset.

There's a huge difference between being a hardcore gamer and being a blind fanatic. If you actually loved the game you would play it despite its flaws but you WOULD acknowledge the fact that there are flaws in the game and hell, you might just suggest ways to fix it.

Also, I'm poor, I can't afford to blow all my money on a single game for a tad bit of extra content. If I could, I most certainly would but I can't and it saddens me that I can't. However, judging me based on my financial status is extremely low.

There is no difference between me and an avid fan of the series (considering that I am one), I apologize for having deleted my previous profile and because I was born into a poor, dysfunctional family but I have not been given the means in which to change that. If that makes me less of a gamer or a fan then so be it but I will never view it that way.

I do acknowledge that there are flaws, read my post carefully.

Who is judging you for your financial status? You have a thread about buying a PS3 or Fable III: LCE for Christ's sake!

There IS a difference, you don't love the game, you just like it. Your financial status nor your loss of a profile have anything to do with it, it's just what you like. You're not an avid fan, you just posted you lost faith in both Fable and Lionhead.
Please, don't play the victim, I wanted a debate and I got it, but then again, you agreed too. So let's not turn this into a flame war.

I'm off to sleep now, but please, don't take this to a personal level.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;420638 said:
I do acknowledge that there are flaws, read my post carefully.

Who is judging you for your financial status? You have a thread about buying a PS3 or Fable III: LCE for Christ's sake!

There IS a difference, you don't love the game, you just like it. Your financial status nor your loss of a profile have anything to do with it, it's just what you like. You're not an avid fan, you just posted you lost faith in both Fable and Lionhead.
Please, don't play the victim, I wanted a debate and I got it, but then again, you agreed too. So let's not turn this into a flame war.

I'm off to sleep now, but please, don't take this to a personal level.

Don't take this to a personal level? Are you kidding me? You're claiming I don't love the games or that I'm not an avid fan. Yes, even us fans can lose faith in a company when they make poor decisions.

Being a blind fanatic does not make you more of a fan than I. It just means you're a rabid fanboy who won't accept logical arguments against the game. You'll make any excuse to defend it and say anything to justify them.

Did you know in that thread I talk about how I have to sell three different systems of mine along with all the games and controllers just to afford one or the other? Yeah.

You can't sit there and insult me then expect me not to take it personally.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;420546 said:
So, as most of you SHOULD know, the Road to rule is a metaphorical Level Up system; It consists of a large road (duh) with many gates (representing levels) and treasure chests (abilities) leading up all the way to Logan's Castle.

Contrary to popular belief (and even P. Molyneux himself!) Followers are not spent here, Guild Seals are. These little Seals are a a new metaphorical way of earning EXP, as they help unlock said gates and chests.

Anyhow, post your opinions in this thread.
Followers are also spent in the Road to Rule, they are spent on the gates, while the seals are spent on the chests ^_^

I think so anyway :ninja:

Otherwise what would we need followers for?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;420707 said:
Followers are also spent in the Road to Rule, they are spent on the gates, while the seals are spent on the chests ^_^

Nope, Followers= renown, Guild Seals= EXP, Gates= Levels.

EXP is used to progress to another level.

And Grim, I'm sorry for offending you, but as I said, I don't want this to become a flame war. Let's forget this ever happened

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

I quite like this idea of a 'Road to Rule'. It's going to really string out the game, which is something that's heavily needed. If you want the fullest in-game experience then you have to take your time. It's a good idea ^_^

I think Simon is right about;
Followers for Gates,
Guild Seals for Chests.

It wouldn't be 'spending' followers though, it would be using the totals to open them. Think of Followers like renown. For example, you need 1000 Followers to open a Gate, you open it but you keep the Followers. Next Gate is 2000, and so you start at 1000.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;420720 said:
I quite like this idea of a 'Road to Rule'. It's going to really string out the game, which is something that's heavily needed. If you want the fullest in-game experience then you have to take your time. It's a good idea ^_^

I think Simon is right about;
Followers for Gates,
Guild Seals for Chests.

It wouldn't be 'spending' followers though, it would be using the totals to open them. Think of Followers like renown. For example, you need 1000 Followers to open a Gate, you open it but you keep the Followers. Next Gate is 2000, and so you start at 1000.

Trust me, Road to Rule Currency is ONLY Guild Seals. Gaining followers gives you Guild Seals.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;420707 said:

I don't know about you but they make excellent target practice!

But... that does sound reasonable. Followers to open the gates and seals to open the chests.

The Tyrant Lord;420716 said:
And Grim, I'm sorry for offending you, but as I said, I don't want this to become a flame war. Let's forget this ever happened

Alright but you need to remember something; I ain't no casual. You can call me every name in the book and it won't phase me but when you call me a casual that is when all Hell breaks loose.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score

If followers are like renown then wouldn't it be like Fable II? You need however much renown to help the abbot in Oakfield, then some more for the Crucible etc...
And guild seals are like leveling up your abilities?

I still don't get why guild seals, never used to use them to open boxes...

CitrusKiss

Your Health is Low
Reaction score

I think I like this whole Road to Rule thing. At first, I was kind of iffy about it and worried that it would be more annoying than it would do good in the game. But thinking about it more, it seems pretty fantastic :)

It will lengthen game play, which is awesome because the first two Fables, as fun as they were, went by much too quickly. It will let you personalize your gameplay in a way. I'm definitely more interested in the blue and green (I believe that's what the colors were) more than the combat chests. But I know that as soon as I see those chests, I'll be like "Must have ability..." and I'll end up doing as much as possible to get every single chest.

I mean, yes, it will very much suck not being able to do things right away, such as make friends apparently, or buy houses, or get married. But making the player hold off on these things and get them little by little will make things much more exciting and fun to get I imagine. Definitely looking forward to the game even more now!

noremac

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

Just wondering, how do we get guild seals?

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;420555 said:
It's not a way to limit you, if it's doing anything it's helping you enjoy more the game.
It is just a pinch more different than the other Fable's level up screens, there you "bought" abilities, here you discover them.

I love the idea, especially since there's no HUD. The lack of HUD in F3 is going to be amazing, and all the menus along with the Road, will be amazing

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

noremac;434690 said:
Just wondering, how do we get guild seals?
Accumulating followers, I believe.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Sorry I skipped through the posts but road to rule will make it so u unlock the features YOU WANT. Social skills, attack skills, buying skills. The PM hated that most people used 5/ 10 features ( for example) so he wanted to both introduce all the features so the player is aware AND not force players to use features. They can choose

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score

I just want to be able to level up my skills and abilities like in Fable 2. I fear that they're making things more complicated (for once) and at the cost of "fun" factor and gameplay.

I certainly don't want to have to do every little thing to unlock new stuff. That's gonna get old quick.

I don't quite understand why they decided to remove the strength, skill, and will (and experience) in the first place. Those were core parts of Fable and a really unique system.

MrNoob;434715 said:
I love the idea, especially since there's no HUD. The lack of HUD in F3 is going to be amazing, and all the menus along with the Road, will be amazing

I'm just not so sure about this idea. I think it might not work out as well as some people think. For example, it seems to me that drinking a potion would be quicker with a menu then running around in a "menu" level. The lack of a HUD also make me fear losing immersion in the game (more-so then a menu).

Time will inevitably tell, hope I'm wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.