• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sherlock Holmes in Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langston

Reaction score
The main point about it not being Sherlock, I doubt Lionhead will put some guys solving crimes a snorting rails of coke all the time in the game lol

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's Elementary my dear Watson....

He's probably part of some parody quest.

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
But if you look at Hal's armor and the description and tie that into Halo it kinda seems like its on another planet. lol
I am just playing the devil's advocate here.

I may be going in too deep here. But if I remember correctly, Hal's armor said it was from someone from the future. Maybe not. But I'm sure the Spartans were made on earth...hmmm.

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
I doubt it's Sherlock, but his outfit is cool. Hope I dress somewhat similar to that for me hero.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Albion is indeed placed on Earth. If you listen to one of PM's latest discussion, he says how he hates RPGs based on wierd planets. Plus Albion is the old English name for England.
I could quite enjoy it being based on England, but I can guarantee you Albion is not on Earth. Just look at any map, or ask anyone who took Geography as a qualification. On that, PM is wrong. Big deal, Albion is an old name for England. Josiah is the name of an old king who rediscovered God's laws in the old testament, but that doesn't make me (coincidentally called Josiah) over 2000 years old, so saying that Albion is an old name for England so Albion must be on earth isn't much of an argument.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I could quite enjoy it being based on England, but I can guarantee you Albion is not on Earth. Just look at any map, or ask anyone who took Geography as a qualification. On that, PM is wrong. Big deal, Albion is an old name for England. Josiah is the name of an old king who rediscovered God's laws in the old testament, but that doesn't make me (coincidentally called Josiah) over 2000 years old, so saying that Albion is an old name for England so Albion must be on earth isn't much of an argument.
damn, didn't realise this had already been agreed on. Sorry for that.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score

I am pretty sure it's called "FABLE" and the monsters are base on old LORE from EARTH real world geography plays no hand in lore because in times of lore our rendition of geography was inaccurate and any semi accurate geography was not common knowlage but the author/artist still ment for it to be percived as earth the creators of the lores of today use the same method as the old they don't go search for a map and pick a contry then write a story using it's geagraphy that would be tedius and restrict the imagination no they write their story the build a map around that story

Cain

Reaction score
Looks good, but its not surprising thats in there, considering you can get an otufit thats the same as Richard Sharpes in the game.

Bl00dy Joker

Reaction score
i know for a fact albion is real, here is how... i am that old... that is in fact mr. gibbs... what a wonderful man he was, and also i like bacon... what i'm saying is i can't wait for fable anymore and i'm glad i learned something today about albion

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score

I didn't litterally mean it is on Earth and that everything in the game is real. It's based on English lore and FABLES, therefore it is based on Earth. It doesn't take a genious to realize not everything someone says is supposed to be taken full-worth. And PM didn't say that it is definately England. He says that he doesn't like the alien stuff in other RPGs. Please, come on. Think a little.

Braindeer

Reaction score
I think I'd agree it's BASED on England, on Earth, but it's not the Earth we know. Perhaps it's a parallel universe, or something equally Star Trek in nature. It's an imaginary land, on an imaginary Earth, based on myths of the real Earth. "Borrowed nostalgia for the misremembered past".

Back to the topic at hand...while I would love a Sherlock Holmes quest, I fear it may just be a dapper looking chap in a natty deerstalker hat. Which I will definitely be wearing if I can get my hands on it in game!

Status
Not open for further replies.