• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should fable2 have dynamique weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbrools404

Should fable2 have dynamique weather

Dynamic weather has always interested me personally. I remember in Shenmue there were full seasons and it would take quite a while to cycle through an entire year. I think after 30 hours or so of gameplay I had gone through about 4 or 5 months. The interesting thing is that it would rain and snow like any good weather system, but the environments would react accordingly. Rather than just showing the rain falling with the raindrop animations on the ground, puddles would actually collect, people would walk around with umbrellas, and so on. Same thing with snow. People would be wearing warmer clothing and piles of snow would decorate the environment. And it was time specific too, so it snowed more heavily in December, not to mention that Christmas music suddenly started playing and shopping mall Santa's popped up every now and then. As a side note, I also thought it was neat that since the game took place in 1986 there was an option for your in-game weather patterns to basically reenact the weather of that year. So if it rained on 12 April, 1986 then it rained in the game when you got to the 12th of April.

Something similar (obviously not all elements) might work for Fable 2, the changing of the seasons certainly intrigues me. In fact, I'd be surprised if it didn't get added in but I suppose we can't really say at this point yet.

R

rocky

Re: Should fable2 have dynamique weather

thats an awesome idea! i love how you would need to buy warmer clothes in the winter.. and maybe if you walk around not wearing enough clothes your health bar would go down :) yeah thats just great

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah i think it should have dynamic weather!

L

Liberator

That would be pretty cool. It reminds me to some extent of when you're walking through the Ashlands in Morrowind and a dust storm kicks up.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Liberator;27888 said:
That would be pretty cool. It reminds me to some extent of when you're walking through the Ashlands in Morrowind and a dust storm kicks up.

Yeah or thunder, lightning and rain in Oblivion or red skys at Oblivion gates!

D

darthlime101

The only weather we had in Falbe was snow and rain and thunder. Nothing real fancy. I like that idea. Maybe you could use the environment to your advantage during different weather conditions. The villagers would retact to different weather like snow the would bundle up and rain they would stay inside most of the time. OH! Your heroes hair could get wet and his armor would rust! AWESOME!!!!!:D

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

That would be cool - maybe they could have a desert-like area where the sun beats down real hot all the time and if your hero spends too long outside, he goes insane and starts doing really weird stuff.

And then there could be a trader who sells icecream! yay!

Some kind of tornado would be pretty cool...maybe you could learn a Will spell that could control the weather so you could decimate an entire area by sending freak weather conditions....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;27984 said:
Some kind of tornado would be pretty cool...maybe you could learn a Will spell that could control the weather so you could decimate an entire area by sending freak weather conditions....

Interesting idea....

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

it should also rain or storm every once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.