• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
After all that waiting, I finally decided I'd tackle the monster that is Skyrim. Had a craving for some epic fantasy action.

Now, what I wanted to ask is - Blacksmithing yay or nay?
I kinda realize it doesn't matter much in this game, but crafting skills have never appealed to me... until now. Is it worth taking, when is it worth taking, when should I start crafting, where's the best place to find mats (apart from monster hunting).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The stuff you can carve out of dragon skin/bone is always nice.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I made the mistake of not investing into it early but really got into it later on in the game. Can make some major cash & level up fast by investing some time into it and can craft some really good items.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Hmmm, nice. I'm always into more "complex" characters, like mages and hybrid melee mages and hybrid bow mages and hybrid dagger mages... but that side doesn't appeal much to me in Skyrim. A "don't give a f***" man in metal that can wade through everything seems much more interesting. That's why I thought taking Blacksmithing would be good - since, in general, the best armor in RPGs is the one you can craft yourself.

Dragon items are both for heavy and light I presume?

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score
Yes, dragonscale armor is light armor and dragon bone is heavy. Also if you have Dawngaurd you can make dragon weapons, which are better than Daedric, your own arrows w/ firewood, and you can use those weapons on horseback.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Ah, Skyrim. Well. It was fun meeting thee.