• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Slpash Screen

A

Abel6669

Slpash Screen

ive made a new splash screen (just for kicks), and saved it under "splashimage.bmp", moved it to the correct folder but when i start the game, not only does my new screen come up, the original doesnt either. any idea how i can get it to work??

E

Etzenos

Re: Slpash Screen

You should try making backups of the original, deleting the one in the folder, and then trying it again. Then again, I'm just spewing out random crap that might work.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP

A

Abel6669

Thanks,ive learn from past mistakes to backup, but geting reminded always helps. anyway, ive already backed it up somewhere else. when i drag my new image (now renamed to the defult name of "splashimage") into the "Splash.exe" (the one that F cant find) it does show up in the proper way, but when iactually start the game...nothing. guess ill just hae to try new things lol. thanks anyway+rep

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Etzenos;314751 said:
Well you could always try good ol' http://www.fabletlcmod.com
Fix'd

As for the splash screen, show me the file. I'm 100% sure it has to be the same dimensions as the previous one to work.

E

Etzenos

DarkenedSoul;314787 said:
Fix'd

As for the splash screen, show me the file. I'm 100% sure it has to be the same dimensions as the previous one to work.

Oh. As I said, I'm no genius.

A

Abel6669

Ive already checked the dimensions, but i'l gladly post the image anyway for you to look at. its only basic lol :p. enjoy
ajq8et.jpg

E

Etzenos

Abel6669;314817 said:
Ive already checked the dimensions, but i'l gladly post the image anyway for you to look at. its only basic lol :p. enjoy
ajq8et.jpg

Woah, that's pretty good.
Hmm....I'm getting confused, is the splash screen the "Left click" part, or the guy with the sword?

A

Abel6669

thanks :), ive got a fair bit of practice with G.I.M.P lol. the whole image is the splash screen lol.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Theres a hell of a Gorgoroth influence on that, nice job.

That is a JPG file. It has to be .bmp. Just ending it with .bmp won't work, load it in Paint and save it as a 24 Bit Bitmap.

A

Abel6669

woops. stupid mistake...in gimp if you save the name as "blah blah.bmp" it saves as a bmp. but il just resave it. ta.

A

Abel6669

aaah i found out why it not working. i saved it as a 32bit bmp. not 24.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

NEVER TRIPLE POST. EDIT YOUR PREVIOUS POST.

Glad you got it working.

E

Etzenos

Abel6669;314822 said:
thanks :), ive got a fair bit of practice with G.I.M.P lol. the whole image is the splash screen lol.

I use GIMP too. =]
And I'm still trying to figure out, what is the original splash screen?
I'm getting confused =S

S

Spyder Java

The splash screen is the picture that shows up before the game (or any video) loads. I'm talking like after you double click your desktop icon you see the splash screen, then the game loads (you see the video of the guy with the mask stab the ground). I modified the one I had for Call of Duty 4, its fun little things like that that make PC gaming a little more fun, and custom. Would be awesome if someone made there own splash to go along with their custom mod (I'm talking a mod that changes a large part of the game or adds more to it.

A

Abel6669

Spyder Java;315972 said:
The splash screen is the picture that shows up before the game (or any video) loads. I'm talking like after you double click your desktop icon you see the splash screen, then the game loads (you see the video of the guy with the mask stab the ground). I modified the one I had for Call of Duty 4, its fun little things like that that make PC gaming a little more fun, and custom. Would be awesome if someone made there own splash to go along with their custom mod (I'm talking a mod that changes a large part of the game or adds more to it.

That would be cool.

E

Etzenos

Spyder Java;315972 said:

Ooh. Thanks for clearing it up. I was confused whether the guy with the sword or the part with 'left click' was the splash screen.