• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I got Fable 2 and there's a problem..

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score
Re: So I got Fable 2 and there's a problem..

You could try moving the screen down by changing the position if that would help i don't know seeing as it has been a while since i've even owned a standard def tv

Lionheart

Reaction score

Caboose;219145 said:
You could try moving the screen down by changing the position if that would help i don't know seeing as it has been a while since i've even owned a standard def tv

Great idea you should try that ;) if not then why dont you use your monitor as a tv (I believe thats possible if not then ignore) :unsure:

W

Wolfie

I didn't know you could move the screen down? Wouldn't you be cutting stuff off at the bottom though? Or is there nothing important down there?

P

P3NGU1N

Is there a setting called "panoramic"? That should simulate a 10:16 aspect ratio by putting ugly black bars on the top and bottom of your screen. Atleast you'll be able to read the text.

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

Sadly I am having this issue as well. It is not being able to see that the text that annoys but rather I can barely see my health because I just started. I hope that when Lionhead hears about so many people are having issues they will release a patch.

S

Serenade

P3NGU1N;219439 said:
Is there a setting called "panoramic"? That should simulate a 10:16 aspect ratio by putting ugly black bars on the top and bottom of your screen. Atleast you'll be able to read the text.
Where would that setting be found?

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Dark Drakan;218969 said:
Only other games ive seen with problems like this were Lost Planet and some other Capcom games. Resolution of the text was designed on HD TV and on standard definition it was too small to make out.

This is a big problem with the 360, it seems to be 100% about high defenition gaming, but developers should realise a good majority of people have normal standard defenition tv's and either design games to take account of that or add options within the game eg. 4:3 or 16:9 and large text size for small tv's.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Twilight Wolf;219026 said:
This seems rather stupid to me. They didn't use the hard drive even when they wanted to because it would exclude people without a hard drive and yet they assume that everyone has a widescreen HDTV. Seems a bit unfair to me. As much as I love Fable 2 it's not exactly like I'm going to rush out and buy a tv for it. Wouldn't it have been easy to have a 4:3 option?

I take it fable 2 doesnt cache to drive then?

Sorry but this is hillarious.

They design for hdtv only because they assume or think everyone should have/get one for the game, but something like hard drive which incidently is way cheaper than a hdtv they make the game not use it.