• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I'm going to make a Let's Play on Youtube...

Interested?

• Hellz yeah!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Nah, not really

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SideSwipes

Reaction score
So I'm going to make a Let's Play of Fable III as soon as it comes out in Europe (Oct 29th) and upload it on Youtube. A Let's Play is basically someone playing through a game while commentating along the way. This will be my very first Let's Play.

Would you guys be interested in this?

We can make polls now? :O

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I won't watch it until I've completed Fable 3, I hate spoilers. :p But by all means, if you want to, then do so.

Of course, it's not like Let's Plays infringe international copyright laws or something...

SideSwipes

Reaction score
Of course, it's not like Let's Plays infringe international copyright laws or something...

Sarcasm? If gameplay did infringe on copyrights, many millions of videos would have to be pulled off Youtube and people like Seananners would be on the street, sobbing softly to themselves while their belly rumbles from lack of food.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Sarcasm? If gameplay did infringe on copyrights, many millions of videos would have to be pulled off Youtube and people like Seananners would be on the street, sobbing softly to themselves while their belly rumbles from lack of food.

It does, though. You can have the video removed from your profile, or even your account suspended, just for showing that. It's not as big a deal as music is, though. Oh, god... I HATE WMG... NERDRRRAGGGEEEE!!!!!

SideSwipes

Reaction score
I've E-mailed Lionhead and asked them if I can use gameplay footage on Youtube. I'll just have to see what they say.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
I've E-mailed Lionhead and asked them if I can use gameplay footage on Youtube. I'll just have to see what they say.
That's the smart thing to do, always gain consent prior to trying a "Let's Play"

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
That's the smart thing to do, always gain consent prior to trying a "Let's Play"

Yup, it is the smart thing to do. The thing they'll most likely do is block the video is specific countries [Canada, Australia, etc] and disable embedding.

Channel 4 does that for a user who uploads Mitchell and Webb episodes. They don't shut the acc. down if they just turn off embedding and block it in places. :)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I hate that many people make a Let's Play series about a game, when they don't either have the right resources for a proper quality and/or the ability to commenct successfully. (also some, believe that you comment WHILE you play, which is wrong)

I'm thinking about making a game play series or even a whole walkthrough about Fable 3, however I still want to ask Lionhead if we can use their game for such a purpose or not.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Go for it! I won't watch it myself though, but that's only because I'm getting the game as well and then it would only be a compilation of spoilers and when I've finished the game already, it won't be that very fun. For me. But I'm sure lots of people will be able to enjoy it (and hate on it, be prepared for a lot of hate... :<) so like I said, go for it.

I hate that many people make a Let's Play series about a game, when they don't either have the right resources for a proper quality and/or the ability to commenct successfully. (also some, believe that you comment WHILE you play, which is wrong)

I'm thinking about making a game play series or even a whole walkthrough about Fable 3, however I still want to ask Lionhead if we can use their game for such a purpose or not.

I don't really think they mind really--not to say that they wouldn't appreciate being asked permission--since so many people do it. And no, though I don't know what Lionhead's personal policy on this is, I'm not saying that that makes it right, I'm just saying that it probably won't make much of a difference. Also, so many use in-game footage to hate on the game and the whole franchise, why not be happy that they are doing it because they love it and to spread the word. At least it's not to make money off of someone else work.

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
here is my version of lets play im goin to go beat the game unlock as much as i can on one person then do it all over and discover as much as i can about the game and how to do things best to get to the best outcome and once i have it down i can just be a walking stratagy guide i mean thats all you need lets play just is an entire walk through that seems a waste if your not doing it as a big help to somone and stratgy guides always give you complicated stuff with an actual pro of the game you get the better more experienced way how to do it. so dont do a lets play just for the heck of it beat the game once or twice and then when you know alot and i mean alot to answer atleast 90% of questions then do it cuz if you mess up you will look like you not there to help which is what you dont want

SideSwipes

Reaction score

Really? I've always prefered watching someone play for the first time and have them talk along the way. That was pretty much what I was going to do. However, I will probably make some more instructional videos as well. Maybe an achievement guide or something simaler.

In terms of quality, I'm going to use a capture card, not some camera phone from the 90's, so hopefuly the quality will be fairly good.

Feel free to give any thoughts you guys might have! I've never done a Let's Play, or uploaded any videos on Youtube before, so any advice or suggestions are totally welcome.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Really? I've always prefered watching someone play for the first time and have them talk along the way. That was pretty much what I was going to do. However, I will probably make some more instructional videos as well. Maybe an achievement guide or something simaler.

In terms of quality, I'm going to use a capture card, not some camera phone from the 90's, so hopefuly the quality will be fairly good.

Feel free to giveg any thoughts you guys might have! I've never done a Let's Play, or uploaded any videos on Youtube before, so any advice or suggestions are totally welcome.

I will PM you about that, so check your inbox often. (conversations)

Status
Not open for further replies.