• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something I was musing on regarding the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Something I was musing on regarding the plot.

Walker;336582 said:
AKA Hamlet plot. Or maybe not. I just remember reading somewheres that the Lion King was inspired by Hamlet. And blatantly ripped off some asian animated movie.

i'd believe it. boys dad is king. dad dies. uncle takes over. boy comes back. boy kills uncle (or in the case of hamlet everyone dies)

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

Hey just a question, but where did the idea that the Fable II hero will become a tyrant king come from? I don't have the "See the future" DLC, but I watched it on youtube and did not hear anything that mentioned our hero becoming a tyrant.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

redfable;337230 said:
Hey just a question, but where did the idea that the Fable II hero will become a tyrant king come from? I don't have the "See the future" DLC, but I watched it on youtube and did not hear anything that mentioned our hero becoming a tyrant.

It's the same as other Fables.

In Fable 2 your hero can become the Hero of Albion by being good or evil. It's the same for Fable 3. You can become king/queen by being a good leader and being "loved" or by being a tyrant and being "feared".

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

GaEv;335453 said:
In See the future the ruler looks like your character and Peter M has confirmed that the Fable 3 chartacter is the son/daughter of your character.

Now Fable 2 tells us the character of the next game is the child of the ruler and Fable 3 through Peter M has told us the ruler of Albion that comes directly before your Fable 3 character rises is a tyrant.

So there are three theories I have from this

1. Massive gaping plot hole
2. In the fifty years gone past your (Fable 2) character has indeed risen to power but for whatever reason (which will be explained in the course of the game has become a tyrant
3. The ruler in the vision shown to you in the spire is in fact your Fable 3 character and the baby is the grandchild, though that theory is a tad bit flawed to say the least.

or I could be missing something.

Zjuggernaut;337233 said:
It's the same as other Fables.

In Fable 2 your hero can become the Hero of Albion by being good or evil. It's the same for Fable 3. You can become king/queen by being a good leader and being "loved" or by being a tyrant and being "feared".

I know that morality is arbitrary in the game, but it's just that some people assumed that the current hero will become a tyrant King in Fable III.

I see what your saying though.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

redfable;337230 said:

See the Future says your F2 Hero becomes kings and has a child.

All the stuff released about F3 says that you are the previous Hero's child and you are overthrowing a tyrant.

They have very carefully not specified who the tyrant is, but one of the more interesting theories is that you are overthrowing your now-tyrannical parent.

And if your F2 Hero does go tryannical, there are a lot of ways to explain exactly how that might happen, even for good heroes.

GaEv

Reaction score

redfable;337230 said:

I believe Fable 2 hero could be tyrant king because

a) Fable 2 character is shown to be king in See the future.
b) Peter Molyneux has said Albion is ruled by a tyrant

that should either mean Fable 2 character is a tyrant or others have pointed out gets otherthrown by the tyrant.

TEC

Reaction score

NO where in see the future does it say that your fable 2 character becomes king. The tyrannt will probably be the child of that king as it says that kings child will have the fate of albion and aurora rest on them. The king will be a completly new character in the game.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

As long as it doesnt seem similiar to other games then im happy with it well not really it needs more things such as awesome weapons and better things to do.

Not like fable 2 when you do all the side quests and the main quest then theres nothing to do after that.

:p Being the ruler of the kingdom would be cool though.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

A) You really shouldn't resurrect threads that are so dead. It's both against the rules, pointless, and annoying.

B) I'm pretty damn sure that See the Future DOES say you're king, and it DOES say that your as-yet-unborn child is the one fate's kicking its heels back on.

Overan

Reaction score

The Fable 2 character does become king and has two sons, Logan and the Fable III character. The Fable 2 hero dies and logan becomes a tyranical king. The story of Fable III is you deposing your brother.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

1) Necroposting is STILL discouraged.
2) Yeah, we know that now. This thread was active in 2009.
3) The fable 2 character doesn't necessarily get two sons. At least one is a son, and the other is a son or daughter, depending on what you choose.

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that at the end of fable 2 your character is in his/her mid to late 20's, in the see the future quest it is supposed to be showing your fable 2 character at an unspecified time in the future where you are the ruler and have a child, in fable 3 the ruler directly before you is your older brother aka the tyrant who you spend the entire first half of the game trying to overthrow, most likely the fable 2 hero died of old age or maybe your tyrant son killed you off who knows, in fable 3 you start out as an adult 50 years after the end of fable 2 possibly making the fable 3 character 25 and the fable 2 character in there late 30's or early 40's when the fable 3 character and the tyrant brother (a few years before you of course) were born. The fable 2 character has not become a tyrant and there is no other tyrant besides your brother.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

D3m190d;411044 said:
1) Necroposting is STILL discouraged.
2) Yeah, we know that now. This thread was active in 2009.
3) The fable 2 character doesn't necessarily get two sons. At least one is a son, and the other is a son or daughter, depending on what you choose.

Yep, Lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.