• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Steampunk Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaw86

Reaction score
I'd read a few people taking about Fable IV possibly being set even farther into the future of the Fable world and possibly even after the current Industrial Revolution they're going through. I never really believed it myself because at first I thought that going even farther ahead in time would just ruin things. However after battling "The Colin" I'm not really sure what to think. Here they introduced a robot in to the world and I barely even blinked. It was fun to battle and even had to funny name.I'm still not really sure if it's the way to go but my mind has been opened if only a little to possibilities. What do you guys think?

SebClem

Reaction score
I think they could easily push that route. They'd have to tread with care, but I don't think its a bad idea. The death of heroes and the rise of machines?

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I think it'd be interesting but as SebClem said they would have to be careful, I'm sure most wouldn't want machine guns or tanks introduced into the game.

SebClem

Reaction score
oh no - I had in mind really rickkedy kinda chicken walker things... a little rusty maybe where money was poured in to the research rather than materials. presumably reaver industries would be heading it up in an attempt to add strength to the army now spread across 2 continents?

but being reaver industries it wouldn't be a tank or anything like that - it'd be like the worlds most basic little chicken walker or something.

That's be a cool idea.

dunno. the mech machines in final fantasy fitted in well.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
kinda like a thing from star wars?
5beb11e0700859ad2be1979b8a4.jpg

SebClem

Reaction score
yeah but not at all on the same scale. Maybe like 7 or 8 foot high. And more like a shell where a person sits inside and controls it - like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I9v0EdhwlM&feature=player_embedded

but not quite a bulky - and while like open wheels and cogs - very rudimentry not made to look good, just made to do something. a prototype if you will!

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

bradio12

Reaction score
I have an idea swrods are still used but they now have a new type of gun but people still use swords but i like sebclem's idea but i think the whole idea of going further like u guys all said THEY GOT TO TREAD CARFULLY

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing that PM's comfirmed that they'll keep going into the future, but he's also confirmed that they're not going to end up at WWI type levels.

Keyan

Reaction score
At this rate...

Fable 5:
"Anyone have a plasma rifle?"
"Here you go Master Chief"

Personally I would like it to BACK in time, before the first game, and learn more about the world when there were many Heros in it.

SebClem

Reaction score
I guess it doesn't stop them bringing back Sycthe and him 'showing' you the past (where the past is playable) kinda like ocarina of time, where the game is completed through doing things in the steampunk era, but you have to change certain things in the past to make the future right? Dunno. Sounds like a cool way to break slightly from traditional fable, it allows them to carry on to the future but bring back the past elements the hardcore's want ( and give past heroes a bit of story line).

Jonas Green

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of a prequel. We already saw the world how it was when Heroes were abundant (what was that first game... Uhh? Fable! Ya that's it). Also, if you listen VERY closely in the game, you can pick up hints to the future of the Fable games. I heard a villager say, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a rifle that fired like, a hundred rounds, without having to reload it after every shot." Something along those lines at least.

So that's hinting at a machine gun. Now, I know a ton of people on these forums look to the Fable games on a historical level parallel to our world, and that's true, but you also have to look at it from the fantasy perspective. We had the medieval age (First Fable), we had the Renaissance (Fable 2), we had a MAJOR time-skip to the Industrial Age. Which started in the 1800's. And Fable 3 is all about Revolution. So, they kind of combined Revolutionary aspects with the future (that's where the fantasy comes in).

I think the next Fable should be about a Civil War. Just about every country has had one. It also would present an AWESOME opportunity. The rise of the Heroes' Guild. Look at it this way; Albion is destroying itself slowly. Heroes were always there to keep the peace, but no longer. Once more, a Hero has to rise up and gather others who have the Archon's blood running through their veins, with this, they rebuild the Heroes' Guild and try to bring peace to Albion.

I think I just went off topic but hell. I think that's the way it'll go (the Civil War part I mean, first automatic gun ever made, Gatling). So... ya.

SebClem

Reaction score
i think machine guns will seriously rub people up the wrong way.

SebClem

Reaction score
Also - doesn't over throwing your king almost count as civil war?

Epiternal

Reaction score
Seeing as they have the series planned up to VI, setting IV in the future would suck, because then what would they do for the next two? I think, as far as IV and V are concerned they'll continue to set them in a past world. It's not like they have a lot of era's that follow the Industrial Revolution left to cover so it wouldn't surprise me if they started merging eras so it still seems like a step forward, but not one that puts us too close to mordern day.

exgoldbridget

exgoldbridget
Reaction score
I agree with jonas green. I would like to see a rebuilding of the heroes guild. Also would like to see scythe return. Would be slick. All in all it will be interesting to see how the series progresses. I just hope what ever they have plans can finally live up to the level of fable 1. Maybe they could do something wild and and daring like giving a real boss fight! Hahaha. Either way. It will be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.