• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Browsing around Steam yesterday I happened to notice there was a 'Base Builder Fest' sale on. As someone who is a big fan of base building titles this sounded like the perfect opportunity to take a look around and see if there was anything in there that peaked my interest.

While browsing around I came across the trailer for a new title in the SteamWorld franchise called SteamWorld Build, it is out later in the year but already has a demo out for it. The game is being described as Settlers/Anno meets Dungeon Keeper and it sounded like something I would be interested in.

Annoucement Trailer

Download Demo Here
SteamWorld Build Steam Page (Demo)

Before coming across this title I was not familiar with the SteamWorld franchise of games but I took a look a look around and at the time of writing this they have other games in the franchise and DLC on sale for 75% and 85% off.

Other games in SteamWorld franchise

SteamWorld Dig - 94% Positive Rated

SteamWorld Dig 2 - 95% Overwhelmingly Positive Rated

SteamWorld Heist - 96% Overwhelmingly Positive Rated

SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - 88% Positive Rated

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm not really that big into city builders or city sim games (maybe one day), but I do love the SteamWorld games. Heist and Dig 2 are among some of my favorite games period. Dig 2 has a bit of a slow start, but once it lets you run free with the mechanics and exploration that's when the real fun and addiction begins, plus the soundtrack is just lotion to the ears. Heist is excellent also, it's basically a fusion of Contra meets X-COM, but with that perfect blend of exploration, combat and managing your crew. Also fittingly, but coincidentally all the SteamWorld games are perfect on the Steam Deck lol.

Hopefully one day we can get a Dig 3 or Heist 2. :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not really that big into city builders or city sim games (maybe one day), but I do love the SteamWorld games. Heist and Dig 2 are among some of my favorite games period. Dig 2 has a bit of a slow start, but once it lets you run free with the mechanics and exploration that's when the real fun and addiction begins, plus the soundtrack is just lotion to the ears. Heist is excellent also, it's basically a fusion of Contra meets X-COM, but with that perfect blend of exploration, combat and managing your crew. Also fittingly, but coincidentally all the SteamWorld games are perfect on the Steam Deck lol.

Hopefully one day we can get a Dig 3 or Heist 2. :(

I like the concept of City Builders more than most games I played. I cant actually remember the last decent one I played. Purchased Cities Skylines but with all the DLC and such I found it really overwhelming and tried twice and never managed to get into it, I really like the look of it and on paper it looks amazing but hasnt clicked with me yet.

Heist is good I have played that a little and I started Dig 2 but some big titles came out and I started those and havent yet gone back to it.