• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stuck in river!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbio

Reaction score
I have just started the quest where Bowerstone is under attack by the shadow in the Market. I got up to the bridge across where there is a Sentinel blocking the path. However I was knocked unconcious and thus was knocked off the bridge into the river.

I am now unable to swim back up to where I was. I am able to get onto the docks on the river's edge but cannot get up to where the shops are as a barrier blocks both ends of the main bridge.

I have tried re-loading my game but it just puts be back in the river. Does anyone know how to get me out of the river and back into the fight?

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's an interesting problem you've got there. It's definitely a glitch, all things considered, you certainly weren't supposed to land there.

Hmm...so reloading doesn't work? You didn't save did you? I know fast traveling isn't going to work either, since the Sanctuary will be mostly inaccessible during that time. That's the best I can think of, mate.

robbio

Reaction score
I didnt save. But when I tried reloading the game it dumped me back in the river, so it seemed to have saved automatically

And yes, the Sanctuary is unusable :(

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
uuummmmmmmm...................... you . are . screwed . you should just make a new hero , and trade all your current items to the new one.....sorry man

robbio

Reaction score
Crap! Really? Why didnt Lionhead put in a "restart quest" feature?! Did they honestly think people wouldn't want one?

How do I transfer items to another character on the same account?

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
Crap! Really? Why didnt Lionhead put in a "restart quest" feature?! Did they honestly think people wouldn't want one?

How do I transfer items to another character on the same account?

ooooooohhhhh right,you cant dothat, you'll have to trade all your items with a TRUSTED friend,switch accounts,trade again.

Twilight

Reaction score
ooooooohhhhh right,you cant dothat, you'll have to trade all your items with a TRUSTED friend,switch accounts,trade again.

Can he do that stuck in the river?

Anyway I don't think Lionhead expected many people to die in the game so that may be the reason for the lack of a restart quest option....

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Dude, just create a dummy account and go couch co-op with a second controller. You don't need to find a trusted friend to transfer all your junk to the new hero.

Kay

Reaction score
Dude, just create a dummy account and go couch co-op with a second controller. You don't need to find a trusted friend to transfer all your junk to the new hero.

Yes I've done this several times when trying to get the achievment for weapons. All you have to do is create an xbox account and you doesn't have be connected to live because you can just press start on controller and join, trade to player two then on player one go to create new hero and trade back. Simple.

robbio

Reaction score
I cant trade items. Even with both characters on land I cannot interact with the other character whatosever.

Looks like I get to start right from the begginning again.

Thank you Lionhead for removing common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.