• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sunset Overdrive

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
sunset-820x420.png

Microsoft and Insomniac Games showed off some footage of the fun looking 8-player co-op gameplay at E3. Now they have some new footage to share with Xbox One owners showing off some gameplay footage of the crazy looking co-op multiplayer mode Chaos Squad.

Chaos Squad offers up to eight player co-op multiplayer, and everyone can bring their character from the single player game into Chaos Squad with them. From there, players vote on the types of games they want to play, and if they succeed in conquering the enemy, they’ll end up in a mode Insomniac has dubbed ‘Night Defense’.

In this variant all eight players work together to fend off waves of enemies, but each player has traps at their disposal they can use on the fly. Insomniac notes that the voting choices will vary, and the Night Defense mode changes depending on what the players chose to do prior to making it to the finale.

Sunset Overdrive definitely looks like the kind of game you’d expect from Insomniac, and eight player co-op should make all the mayhem that much more fun. Sunset Overdrive launches October 28 on Xbox One.

SOURCE - GAMEINFORMER

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I think Sunset Overdrive is the title that got most of my attention during the Microsoft segment of E3. That's because the game feels different as it relies on humor, and bright colors to intermix with the violence of killing dehumanized enemies. Meanwhile enjoyable as a concept, I can't help but feel that this is the first sign of stagnation for games that rely on this kind of gameplay.

But perhaps it's just my imagination. Sunset Overdrive nevertheless looks unique and seems great.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think Sunset Overdrive is the title that got most of my attention during the Microsoft segment of E3. That's because the game feels different as it relies on humor, and bright colors to intermix with the violence of killing dehumanized enemies. Meanwhile enjoyable as a concept, I can't help but feel that this is the first sign of stagnation for games that rely on this kind of gameplay.

But perhaps it's just my imagination. Sunset Overdrive nevertheless looks unique and seems great.

Looked like Crackdown crossed with Dead Rising & Jet Set Radio, I like its style and shall be keeping my eye on it. Looks like it could be good lighthearted fun.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Bu2D6KjIEAEzHfP.jpg

Microsoft have revealed a new Sunset Overdrive Trailer showing off some of the enemies players will encounter in the game when Sunset City descends into madness following the launch of a new energy drink called OverCharge Delirium XT.