• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SW:TFU2 Collectors' Edition!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Hell yeah, I've got it! :cool:

Definitely a nice CD cover and I LOVE the giant wallpaper/poster (and USB stick) I've got with it when I picked it up at the store.

Now, time to play it. Posting my review once done. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I shall purchase it in due time, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I'm looking forward to reading your review too. I've noticed reviews have mainly been quite neutral at present.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
I did enjoy the first game but, yeah, the reviews I've read so far are... off-putting at best.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I did enjoy the first game but, yeah, the reviews I've read so far are... off-putting at best.

They have said it mostly improved on what the first game did but didnt bring enough new to the table. So if you enjoyed the first for the lacklustre title it was (i did for the most part) im sure you will enjoy the 2nd too.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Played the demo and enjoyed it as well, I won't be getting it until Xmas so I too am looking forward to your review.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
They have said it mostly improved on what the first game did but didnt bring enough new to the table. So if you enjoyed the first for the lacklustre title it was (i did for the most part) im sure you will enjoy the 2nd too.
I wish I wasn't such a sucker for every piece of mediocrity that Lucas Arts shelled out. :'(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I wish I wasn't such a sucker for every piece of mediocrity that Lucas Arts shelled out. :'(

Not all of it has been bad, been some gems in there over the years.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Not all of it has been bad, been some gems in there over the years.
Oh there's no denying that, SWG pre-cu, Jedi Academy, KOTOR. I'm just saying that my wallet suffers no matter what the quality of the product is lol.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Alright I just finished the game.

I´d like to start off by saying that the game definitely is worth the price. Drakan said already, though: The Force Unleashed II shares a lot of similarities to the first one. Many are much more improved, mainly combat. So, if you like the first, I'd say you should get this one, too. There's not very much to say, but I'll keep it short and good, and will avoid storyline spoilers.

Cinematic [+]: very, very well done. It's somehow much more 'realistic' than before, and also much more 'immersive'. I also love how the cinematic scenes are not ignoring which lightsaber colour you chose. In The Force Unleashed, it did. I'm trying not to spoil anything, so I won't talk about the scenes near the end. It was quite emotional if you ask me!

Combat [+]: much more improved, as aforementioned. While you do keep most powers from The Force Unleashed, The Force Unleashed II has some new cool things too, such as the ability to mind trick, and use "fury", which can be seen in the demo as well. Enemies are not much more harder than The Force Unleashed. In-fact, the difficulties in this one seem to be much more easier compared to the first (easy compared to padawan in the first, etcetera).

Playtime [-]: the amount of time needed to finish the game isn't really that much impressive, to be honest -- a good 6-7 hours. I expected it to be much longer than it was. The campaign has 9 levels in total, so I could imagine.

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10

Originality: 8.5/10
Story: 9.5/10
Cinematic: 9.5/10
Playtime: 5.5/10

Overall: 8.25/10

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds like id enjoy it as i did enjoy the first despite its shortcomings. Id heard it was short but ive got so many games to play right now another long game would likely be put on hold while i played others. Still playing Fallout New Vegas and after 19 hours i feel im making progress. :lol:

So i will either pick this up in a couple of weeks when ive got the majority of things done on New Vegas and played some other titles a little or ask for it for Christmas along with Fable III.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Interesting read, I'm a little disappointed to hear about the playtime though, was expecting somewhere around 10-12 hours of playtime. I know if I don't buy it though I'll never hear the end of it from you, Ojima. :lol: So it's on my Xmas list.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
One thing that I did not include in my little review was that another nice thing is that the ending isn't forced upon you. By that, I mean that you can choose between a dark- or light-side ending (you either press LT or RT depending on what you want). I've chosen the light-side ending myself.

And that's true, Giki. You wouldn't hear it. Spoiling things for others isn't quite my favourite thing. :lol:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I just finished it literally five minutes ago. I agree with Gakoyu's review for the most part, except I'm much more enraged at how short it is. I hate to bash the game like this, but there wasn't even enough time to develop the story. Hardly anything happened. Still, even after choosing the light and dark side endings, there are still cut scenes and costumes that are locked. This makes me think that there will be DLC that will continue the story. Even if that's not the case, it's still a really good game. It was worth the money (even the extra I paid for the LE), and I recommend it.

Oh, and there's something that I found pretty interesting. Either ending could be considered canonical.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score
Alright I just finished the game.

I´d like to start off by saying that the game definitely is worth the price. Drakan said already, though: The Force Unleashed II shares a lot of similarities to the first one. Many are much more improved, mainly combat. So, if you like the first, I'd say you should get this one, too. There's not very much to say, but I'll keep it short and good, and will avoid storyline spoilers.

Cinematic [+]: very, very well done. It's somehow much more 'realistic' than before, and also much more 'immersive'. I also love how the cinematic scenes are not ignoring which lightsaber colour you chose. In The Force Unleashed, it did. I'm trying not to spoil anything, so I won't talk about the scenes near the end. It was quite emotional if you ask me!

Combat [+]: much more improved, as aforementioned. While you do keep most powers from The Force Unleashed, The Force Unleashed II has some new cool things too, such as the ability to mind trick, and use "fury", which can be seen in the demo as well. Enemies are not much more harder than The Force Unleashed. In-fact, the difficulties in this one seem to be much more easier compared to the first (easy compared to padawan in the first, etcetera).

Playtime [-]: the amount of time needed to finish the game isn't really that much impressive, to be honest -- a good 6-7 hours. I expected it to be much longer than it was. The campaign has 9 levels in total, so I could imagine.

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10

Originality: 8.5/10
Story: 9.5/10
Cinematic: 9.5/10
Playtime: 5.5/10

Overall: 8.25/10

I'd agree, finished it last night, my sum up, looks good, too much fun to play
(fury mind trick a load of stormies and watch them go)
but way too short, and not in a oh I've enjoyed this for the last few days, I mean one (short) sitting and "oh it's over!"