• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tech savvy people?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm having consistent lag, both when playing League of Legends and on YouTube (when on video pages). In both cases, my commands are rarely registered and the screen has an absurdly low framerate (between 1 and 3 fps).

If it helps; it happened right after I installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, after postponing it forever. I thought everything was fine without it, but the thing keeps popping up, claiming I have to be up to date. Could that have screwed me over?

It is not simply annoying, it prevents me from these forms of entertainment altogether. Help would be appreciated.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Rollback to a previous version of flash and turn off updates and update notification. Adobe's gone quite insane with the Flash updates. It's bad enough that there's a new one each week but it's just so much worse when it causes things to break.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What browser are you using?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox (up to date).

Yeah, I might actually try out going backwards with the Flash Player.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
While this is probably not the case here, LoL is known to have massive performance issues with new updates. I've seen it discussed in the forums and it has indeed happened to myself too. I was running maximum settings around 60 FPS, until after a couple of patches ago I had to turn everything to lowest to get the same result.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Yeah, I;ve had issues with LoL before, but those were mostly lag spikes. This time the lag is slightly less intense, mroe consistent, and also on YouTube. And indeed, it must not be the Flash Player plug-in, because going back to two previous versions didn't work out. The only other thing I remember recently happening to my computer is Windows deciding to install a bunch of updates again. However, after that, things were still fine. I could play LoL and watch YT like normal - the problems only appeared after the Flash Player update, but disabling Flash altogheter only affects the videos - LoL doesn't use it apparently. It doesn't seem like there is any logical connection anywhere o_O.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
LoL does use Adobe Air... at least it's an Adobe connection... :|

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
So it could be an Adobe thing after all! The plot thickens... :steve:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My flash player regularly crashes in Firefox but works fine in Chrome, I know there have been some issues with the latest updates and lag and crashes in Firefox.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Hm, I might try that, then. Still, League of Legends is not run on a web browser =|.

Anyway, Shockwave Flash alo supposedly ahs some problems from time to time. So I uninstalled Shockwave Flash, Flash Player, Adobe Air, ran CCleaner, restarted my computer, installed the Adobe thingies again, then restarted once more. It did not work. Now off to Chrome!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Not sure what to do with the first link. I ran the tracert thingy, but I don't know what comes next. I downloaded the stuff from the second link, but no result.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Not sure what to do with the first link. I ran the tracert thingy, but I don't know what comes next. I downloaded the stuff from the second link, but no result.

Just thought there might have been some solution/idea that you hadnt thought of mentioned somewhere in those threads.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Alright I think I've found a solution:

1. Turn your computer on.
  2. Thoroughly drench your hands in water - warning: do not dry your hands following this step.
  3. Open your PC case while the PC is powered on.
  4. Remove RAM modules. This should release the magic smoke from the computer.
  5. Purchase replacement computer.
  6. If replacement computer exhibits the same problem as the previous one, repeat steps 1-5.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
arsfec u so smart, teahc me plz

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Alright I think I've found a solution:

1. Turn your computer on.
  2. Thoroughly drench your hands in water - warning: do not dry your hands following this step.
  3. Open your PC case while the PC is powered on.
  4. Remove RAM modules. This should release the magic smoke from the computer.
  5. Purchase replacement computer.
  6. If replacement computer exhibits the same problem as the previous one, repeat steps 1-5.

This gave me a good chuckle.