• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Television: A Cheezy Tale

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
my family has always been behind the times. the TV i have the earliest recollection of was bought new when my mom was in college...in the early 1980's. watched all the early 1990's shows on it. when i was more or less 2, we shelved that old thing and got what i considered to be state of the art at the time (though we got her used).

i present you with my dear friend, TV #1
bessye.jpg

as is the standard in my family, the new beauty went in my parents room and the family room got the hand-me-down (though all TVs were bought pre-owned in the first place). TV #1 was faithful to the end. he played everything from the original run of power rangers all the way up to ratchet and clank. he has continued to serve us well all these years. when replaced in my parents bedroom, he played N64 games and continued to shine as my gaming tv up until June. from Ocaraina of Time all the way to now, TV #1 will always be remembered fondly. here he sits 15 years later. only supporting one speaker input and one display input plus cable, now all his inputs are loose. yes, he is nearing the end of a faithful life of servitude.

TV #1 was sent to the basement by a worthy adversary who bested him in every department. the magnificent TV #2. TV #2 was among the first line of TVs that did not have a convex screen, and had not 1 but 3 video inputs. he remained in his usurped position until we moved to philadelphia in 2007, where he was put into storage. circumstances being what they are, my parents had split and my dad left it to me. that's right. i am still the proud owner of TV #2. he is my gaming TV for use with the 360 and my gamecube as well (only used for smash bros. melee and soul calibur 2).

TV #2
56671504.jpg

TV #2 with a DVD for size reference
fswfightclub.jpg

now i know what you're thinking. it's ok, no need to hide it. "but cheez, that can't be the ending to the story!" "cheez, i'm so glad TV #2 found a happy ending in your room, but what of TV #1?" "cheez, why in gods name would you tell this story NOW?? it hasn't concluded yet!"

patience lovelies, i'm about to answer all of your queries. <3

the answer to everything stems from what arrived in the mail today. i give you: TV #3.

TV#3 in its Box
lcd1h.jpg

TV #3 with a Cat and a Stapler for size reference
lcd2.jpg

Close Up of Cat
boclose.jpg

TV #3 is a Samsung 55" LED TV with edge lighting. he has a refresh rate of 240, came with 5.1 digital surround sound, a blu-ray player, and the latest 3D technology. he will occupy this spot above our gas fireplace.

emptyi.jpg

TV #1 will in all likelihood be thrown out. there is no longer room in our household for a TV that's both outdated and borderline unusable. TV #2 will remain in my room, however it will shift to being only a gamecube and DVD player TV. the XBOX is going into the basement with TV #3 where it will be most comfortable.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score
So...thank you for enlightening us all on the state of televisial affairs in your home. I can finally rest easy.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Dayum, thats an awesome cat. You should get rid of that box though, it looks like its freaking out your cat.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
That cat is awesome, state of the art in fact. I wish my cat was like that. Where'd you get it? Mine was a Christmas Present, but where can I get the upgrade? It looks so cool. What are the requirements? (Food, living space, etc.)

Oh, and the TV's alright too.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I would gladly buy your N64, it's games and TV 1.

I had a old Sony TV with 16 inch screen and bad audio quality, loved the sucker I played NES on it, in the living room we had a 36 inch Toshiba 'Fatass' weighing a whopping 200+ pounds, and it started dying, so I now have that in my room (I just need to punch it every now and again) and a 40 inch LED in the Livingroom, my 16 incher is still in my parents room, I will probably yoink it when I move out.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Cool story bro.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
The stapler was the s tar of this story, for sure. No doubt he'll get movie contracts and win prizes over the next years. I look forward to seeing his acting career shine, in the future. Then you can watch him on TV3. ^_^