• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score
The Accident

The Accident

I remember what kind of kid I used to be. I was happy and had a good life. Playing with my Tonka trucks and my Legos, I would sit for hours just being happy in my world. I remember fields of green and white fluffy clouds and warm soft blankets.

Beep beep BEEEEP.. Squealing tires and a man looks into the headlights before he is down.

Oh I remember the first day of school. Man was I scared. I didn’t wanna leave my mom! All these scary people around, all I didn’t know. It was hard that first day. But it got better, oh it did! I made some good friends, we used to build little block forts and swing on the jungle gym.

“I didn’t see him, oh my God oh my God.” “Calm down, and call an ambulance, RIGHT NOW.”

Oh middle school, I remember middle school. Some good times there! The first day we were all jumbled together with people we didn’t know and we all kept close to those we did, and ogled the others.’ Specially the girls! Girls were scary! At recess we would all play football and basketball on the courtyard. I remember I made a few touchdowns, I think I even made a game winning play one time.

“Quick, get him onto the stretcher, GENTLY you idiots! Call his parents, they must be worried. Hang on guy, hang on.”

Oh high school was a big change. Haha you had to be cool to be in high school. Man I was in high school, I was awesome! Wow, all those older girls are looking mighty fine! This is hard stuff, all these rules and homework and projects and all. How am I ever gonna live out this year? Oh man, if Jenny doesn’t go to the prom with me, I will die!

“Hurry, get him to the Operating Room, Nurse, help me get him onto the table.”

That summer was the best. It was those warm summer nights, no bugs, just friends and campfires, and stories, and laughter. I kinda wish I could be back there sometimes. When no one would go away and leave us all. Just in that one moment. I remember I even sang (sang!!!) for my friends! Oh man…that was cool. Twilight approached…and we all got into our cars…and we drove home. We drove home…home is where the heart is…maybe…I guess..

“He’s not breathing!! Hurry up, I need to do CPR.” “What happened to my son??” “ He was hit by a truck ma’am, now please, let me try to save him.”

Oh man, college was weird. Some days flew by and some crawled, but they passed. I wonder the exact day I grew up. I know it wasn’t the first year. No, not the first year. Haha I was such an idiot my first year. I got better my second year. All the parties and all the days after. All the studies and all the projects. All the girls and all the grades. When did it get this complicated? I still talked to my friends from high school, but they had their own lives, I had mine. They were far away and couldn’t really do much except offer some kind words every now and then about how cool it was gonna be in the summer. How much fun we had the past years. Hah, I always seem to be remembering things. Man I am getting tired. School is tiring!

“Come on damn you come on!!”

I wonder if I would have married someday? I remember all these girls and all their games. Haha I was never good at those games. I always used to lose, or be last in line for those games. Ahh well, can’t change the past. Well I got my whole future to look forward to. I wonder what time it is? Man, I miss my friends. I wonder where I will live one day. I wanna live on a hill! With a lake at the bottom, and a grove of weeping willows in the back. Yeah…I always liked those kinds of trees. They just seemed kind of pretty and majestic. I would be on the porch with my son and daughter and wife and would swing them till they all fell asleep in my arms, on my old porch swing. Peace. Yeah, peace is good. It would be so pretty in autumn. I would have a long dirt driveway too. Peace. Pea…

“He’s not breathing!!!” … “I am sorry Ma’am, … he didn’t make it. He was just lucid enough to make his final words...”

Peace.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: The Accident

Nice work, Devalion. +rep

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thats pretty good, ive not seen a story in that style for a long time +rep

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm a little late, but very very nice - I like stories in that style of writing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.