• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Choices (SPOILERS, Only enter if you've finished the game)

Guilty Sp4rk

This is a red letter day.
Reaction score
The Choices (SPOILERS, Only enter if you've finished the game)

Just finished Fable 2... Wow... This was without a doubt one of the most emotional games I've ever played. The last bits of the game really took a hold of me. The Nightmare Hollow sequence was a bit disturbing. The Perfect World sequence was just... an incredible part of the game that was probably my favorite. And the three choices at the end caused me to sit and think about it for a good ten minutes before making my choice, which is what this thread is about.

The three choices you get in the spire at the end, was this as emotional for you as it was me? And what did you pick? I personally forced myself to pick Sacrifice, which was the right thing to do... But not having my dog around is extremely sad.

And I have a question for anyone who chose the Love card, who all comes back?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: The Choices (SPOILERS, Only enter if you've finished the game)

Guilty Sp4rk;352044 said:
Just finished Fable 2... Wow... This was without a doubt one of the most emotional games I've ever played. The last bits of the game really took a hold of me. The Nightmare Hollow sequence was a bit disturbing. The Perfect World sequence was just... an incredible part of the game that was probably my favorite. And the three choices at the end caused me to sit and think about it for a good ten minutes before making my choice, which is what this thread is about.

The three choices you get in the spire at the end, was this as emotional for you as it was me? And what did you pick? I personally forced myself to pick Sacrifice, which was the right thing to do... But not having my dog around is extremely sad.

And I have a question for anyone who chose the Love card, who all comes back?

the love card brings your dog back to life, and upon disembarking the ship you receive a note from your resurrected sisted who is with a 'thin man with a red robe'.

i chose the love card, i didn't feel like getting rich or bringing back all the people whos death i'm not responsible for.

Atrix N008

Reaction score

the money card gives u 1m i only know this cos a friend told me any way have u ever noticed castle farefax costs 1m cowinidence?

Guilty Sp4rk

Reaction score

To cheezMcNasty: I'm wishing I had chose the Love card... I'm gonna play through again from an earlier savepoint and chose the Love card.

To Atrix N008: I did notice that Castle Fairfax is for sale and worth 1 million gold... Very curious. Either it's there for you to buy with the gold you chose, or it's put there to make you wish you chose the Money card.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;352046 said:
the love card brings your dog back to life, and upon disembarking the ship you receive a note from your resurrected sisted who is with a 'thin man with a red robe'.

LIES! The color of the robe is not specified!!! :realmad:

<3

Anyway, my first time playing through the game was filled with a bit of emotion, but it all pretty much had to do with my dog.

When I was about to get on the ship to go to the Spire after beating the Crucible, I noticed that the only thing that showed up on my D-pad was the praise expression for my dog. I assumed that you were supposed to use this expression to say goodbye to him, and that made me sad since I wasn't going to see him for a while.

The most emotional part of the game for me was when Lucien shot my dog. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped, and I was filled with sadness. I didn't even listen to what he said directly after he shot my dog because I was still taking in what had happened. Once I faced him in the Spire, I didn't let a single word come out of his mouth. I shot him as fast as I could for what he did to my dog. My attachment to my dog also compelled me to choose love after Lucien was dead. It was a no-brainer.

On a game after this one, I chose wealth, and I went up to Hero Hill for some reason. I saw my dog's grave there, and that made me pretty sad.

I'm way too attached to dogs, even virtual ones. :lol:

Guilty Sp4rk

Reaction score

Necromancer11;352074 said:
The most emotional part of the game for me was when Lucien shot my dog. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped, and I was filled with sadness. I didn't even listen to what he said directly after he shot my dog because I was still taking in what had happened. Once I faced him in the Spire, I didn't let a single word come out of his mouth. I shot him as fast as I could for what he did to my dog. My attachment to my dog also compelled me to choose love after Lucien was dead. It was a no-brainer.

On a game after this one, I chose wealth, and I went up to Hero Hill for some reason. I saw my dog's grave there, and that made me pretty sad.

I'm way too attached to dogs, even virtual ones. :lol:

Yea, on my next play through I'm gonna chose Love. I chose Sacrifice to do the right thing, but not having my dog around is just plain lonely and depressing. So I'll bring him back on my next play through.

Atrix N008

Reaction score

year i already did that and i love how u can name him/her

TehZomgFactor

Reaction score

I am To wussy To Make Evil choices
I practically had to ask my sister to give the seal to the girl for me XP
so everyone can guess which Card i Choose

madferit

Reaction score

I picked the love card, just liked me dog too much.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

My first choice was Sacrifice...I had to do the right thing...then I was like "I want my frickin' dog so I can get treasures...and open that Demon Door." I haven't been able to choose Wealth...I should so I can get the gamer points...not that they're that important. I have the hardest time making evil decisions...I have to remind myself that it's just a game, but I make myself part of the game, and detaching myself is a difficult thing, but I manage...so yeah, that seal part...I feel horrible, but I REALLY don't want red eyes. I couldn't even go through a whole game being evil...it's just so hard for me :(...oh well, I'll do it eventually...when I get bored enough.

loridebartoni

Reaction score

I chose Love and got my wifey and 2 kids back yey!

then... I bought fairfax castle and made it my marital home ;0; my wife died again, one kid wouldn't move (and not because she was glitched) she had very dark eyes, and she was trembling and looking into space xDDD totally traumatized, then I told her "followed me" and THEN she glitched, she was trembling not moving but her arms were like swinging as if she was walking.

totally wierd and sad, my wish totally sucked ):

Viper zxt

Imperial King of Blades
Reaction score

The choices were easy, And my character is a red eyed dogless *BEFORE KNOTHOLE* monk.

Cain

Reaction score

ok for those who chose not to save their dog you can still open the rookridge door. Your dogs ghost appears to help you.

I chose sacrifice on my last playthrough.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

IT DOES COME BACK FOR THAT DEMON DOOR?!!!...THAT'S EXCELLENT!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D...I love it

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

^too many smilies.:getlost:

I always choose love:

I can get 1 million gold way to easily.

I want more than a friggin note.

I only chose the other two once for the achievement

Soulwithlife

Reaction score

After much thinking, I chose love. Now my furry friend is back, and rose apparently (though I'm not entirely sure where she is at the moment)

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Rose cannot be found in game, just so you know...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

James Butts;354161 said:
Rose cannot be found in game, just so you know...

Sadly... she'll never return in Fable 2 (I'm not saying anything about Fable 3)...

Between the three choices, Love is the one with the most uses, unless you have the Knothole Island expansion (you can recreate your dog there)... Sacrifice makes everyone appreciate you but you can do that if you were renowned enough anyway... And Wealth is pretty much useless... you can get 1 million gold easily (there is a glitch for this) and the 1 million will be wasted on a castle where you will be given the ANOTHER choice (this one has something to do with sex change)

Owrm

Reaction score

Daniel Ray;354245 said:
Sadly... she'll never return in Fable 2 (I'm not saying anything about Fable 3)...

Between the three choices, Love is the one with the most uses, unless you have the Knothole Island expansion (you can recreate your dog there)... Sacrifice makes everyone appreciate you but you can do that if you were renowned enough anyway... And Wealth is pretty much useless... you can get 1 million gold easily (there is a glitch for this) and the 1 million will be wasted on a castle where you will be given the ANOTHER choice (this one has something to do with sex change)

Actually, I found that Sacrifice added a considerable amount of people into the world, with places like Rookridge bustling with sometimes upwards of 10 traders in the area.