• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Crucible Tips

C

Cherry_leigh

The Crucible Tips

This thread is in honour of the gory wonder that is the Crucible!

Please share tips, cheats and general thit chat on the crucible, enjoy the killing spree! first tip DONT DIE! (not that It's possible, hmmm new thread comes to mind can you die in fable... or am I being daft?!)

I declarer this thread open, *FABLE RULES!* :D

C

Cherry_leigh

Re: The Crucible Tips

I have a effective system to win the crucible in good time... First round beetles, use shock spell (it's always best to charge up spells just before or as the enemy are forming) and The Daichi katana. As someone else already mention it's probable the best weapon in the game and REALLY easy to get if you know where to go ;).

Second round hobbes, force push is a good spell to beat hobbes. although most high level spells such as shock are good, also use the Daichi if you don't get them with will, and the Master Turret riffle. Also don't forget to use the push pads, they have different functions in each room but I don't tend use them unless they speed up the killing spree. In this room stay at one end of the room and step on the pad now and again to spear the hobbes.

Third round stronger hobbes, use a riffle to pick them off. It's best to use head shots as they tend to metallize at a distance. If they get to close use the Daichi and will.

Fourth round hollow men, use the inferno spell, hollow men are highly flammable! If you get all the hollow men in the spell ring it should take them out. Also a really, really good weapon to use on all evil enemies is the rising sun cleaver. I know you have to donate to the temple of light to get this weapon so you probable don't want to get it if you're evil, BUT my theory is whether you're good or evil a good number of enemies you have to fight in the game are evil so it worth getting. Although I'm pretty sure bandits and hobbes aren't evil just stupid so the rising sun isn't as effective.

Fifth round bandits, one way to do it is to wait at the very top of the stairs and pick them off the bridge with a riffle but this take a little longer so run on to the bridge and take them out with The Daichi, guns and will, The Daichi slices through bandits like butter, gory!

Six round Highwaymen, stay in the middle of the chamber between the push pads take out anyone who comes in the middle but keep running to the three push pads. The flames should knock them off but take them out with your riffle is they don't fall. I should note the bandits and highway men tend to only metallize on one side of the room at a time and there quite hard to see so keep an eye out!

Seventh round, the only tip I have is to use the rising sun cleaver! it's VERY effective, no will or guns needed just slice them up! Go up to the glowing circle and start slashing. Make sure you turn around as they jump in the air because they almost always go behind you, I tend to kill them in three hits with the rising sun. If you don't have this weapon you're on you're own!

Last one! eighth round rock troll and hobbes, as soon as the troll comes out the ground as you walk in the room start shooting at it with a riffle. This should take off half it's health, the trick with trolls is to keep moving, running around and shouting at the red glowing orbs. If you stay still the troll will knock you down. With the hobbes use the Daichi you should get them with one hit.

One last point if you think you've finished a round but it doesn't say ROUND ENDED there's still a enemy you cant see. if you're in a small room just shoot madly around the room, you don't have to look round as the gun locks on to targets. If this fails have a really good look around. Hope this helps, FABLE RULES!!

arachnophilia

Reaction score

... that's not that effective.

beetles are faster to hack through, and hobbes are faster to shoot (especially since they start running away). you want to have good weapons here, but honestly, i've gotten perfect crucibles with even subpar weapons. i suggest four-slot knothole weapons, but a two-slot master flintlock pistol and two-slot katana are fine. for max DPS, lucky charm and devastation are your best bets for augments. if you have four slots and knothole augments, more useful augments can be added. the daichi is also a fine option, and i've used the red dragon, but i wouldn't recommend it. just takes too many shots to kill things.

after those rounds, switch to either shock of flame, depending on the round. humans seem to die faster with shock. for the bandits on the bridge, run up to the top of the bridge and spam level 5 shocks until everyone's dead. for the circular firing squad, just keep hitting those buttons and quickly disposing of whoever comes into your area with headshots or whatever.

hollowmen are weak to flame, but there's a lot of them. it might be faster to hack through them, rather than charging spells. not entirely sure, seem about the same speed.

for the balverines, level 5 flame. they're weak to it, and it kills them in one hit. you can charge a level 5 in almost exactly the time it takes them to spawn. i routinely do this round in less than 30 seconds, and i'm done before the can even say "SECOND ROUND!"

for the troll, set time control up to level 3, and shock at 4 and 5. charge up the time control, walk into the circle, and set it off AGAIN. run up to the troll, and let the level 5 shock fly. he'll die in 13 seconds.

DO NOT use the time control anywhere but the last round, and only if you're doing the 13-second troll combo. it messes up the timer.

C

Cherry_leigh

Hey Arachnophilia,

Nice tip for the troll, you don't get too many trolls in the game, there's one or two bounty hunts and the one on top of lucien's letters so I never thought to use will! I'm a numpty! I suppose I didn't have high level spells then but high level shock should definitely crush those red orbs!
cherrs ;)

Willstopher

Reaction score

u guys...the only hard part about the crucible is the last round...and it's only hard if you have the wrong weapon...just buy a master blunderbuss, and you'll beat the last round in less than a minute