• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DLC's

gerzev

Reaction score
Even though I've owned a X360 for almost two years now, I never really looked into Xbox Live. I only played online at friends' houses and I never bothered asking them about how to get Live. Therefore I also missed out on the DLC's Knothole island and that other one, forgot what it's called..

Anyway you can say I'm a complete noob with this, so my question is: How much money would it cost in total (Xbox Live + The DLC's for Fable 2) to get these add-ons? Gear needed for XLive included. You don't have to give exact prizes as I know they differ from store to store and region to region, but I'd prefer the prizes to be in Euros. If you don't know the prizes, a list of things I'll need will be enough too so I can look up the prizes myself. I always get kinda confused when reading the Xbox manual on Live so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks and sorry for being such a noob :p

Langston

Reaction score
Well you need to have a pre-paid card, In USD it can go anywhere from like $20.00 to $49.99. But the longer the subscription the more it costs. And i have no clue how much the dlc cost. One is See the Future, and the other is Knothole glad.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I'd suggest getting a one-month Gold Membership if your only goal is to get the DLC. And, then, Microsoft Points, you should only need 1500-2000...but I don't know the European scale of points and prices...
Ultimately, just buy the cheapest stuff...It's all pretty self-explanatory if you just look around :)

We seem to fail at spelling...
Prizes?...Glad?
I hope we know that there's an edit button, but I'm just being anal (however, the spelling of prizes for prices 5 times is not very impressive...)

gerzev

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot (for the info and spelling corrections :p), I'll look into it later cause right now I'm way too psyched for F3

Pezrawr

Ultimate Chicken
Reaction score
I think it's cheaper to get GOTY? Someone correct me.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
erm, you dont need xbox live gold membership, just an internet connection, to be able to download the dlc.

Hishalea

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new here, but I hope I can help.

First, Dracelix is correct, you don't need a Gold membership to download content, only a Silver, which just means you have to sign up using an email address and create a profile.

Secondly, there's an MS points to currency converter here:
http://www.360plex.com/points_converter.php

The prices for the DLC are as follows:
Knothole Island - 800 points (9,30 Euros)
See The Future - 560 points (6,51 Euros)
Pub Games - 800 points (9,30 Euros) [Not sure what this one really adds to the game, actually]
Total - 2160 points (25,12 Euros)

You can buy points in card form:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-LIVE-2100-Points-Card/dp/B000B5MD3G

Or directly from the Microsoft Marketplace with a credit card, in lots of 2,100 or 4,200 (UK amounts).

Of course, if you don't own Fable 2 yet, it's going to be cheaper to buy the GOTY edition, which includes the DLC, for 20 pounds:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fable-II-Ga..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288055839&sr=1-3

Sorry for the long reply. I hope it helps.
Hishalea

shane states

Reaction score
I think it's cheaper to get GOTY? Someone correct me.

it is actually a bit cheaper... the GOY is 19.99 and the total for DLC is 20 plus 10 for 1 month subscription