• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The flies explained

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Re: The flies explained

I've read through the previous posts and agree with ssjcb though corruption may not have as much to do with flies as you think. I too have a maxed evil/corrupt character and have never once seen flies. Are you sure it doesn't have more to do with your attractiveness? Wear full pauper/hollow man?(-attractiveness), go full corrupt(-30 attractiveness) and get really fat. I'd be willing to bet the flies are based on your appearance and the only reason you notice it more when your corruption slider tips is because you cross the threshold to ugly.

I'll test this out when I get home from work...

Ps It could just be a good/corrupt thing...

Dogmeat_17

vulgerthrust
Reaction score

to ssjcb1186: yes, im just agreeing on the whole curruption/attractiveness thing, not on the kind of bed you sleep on, or animal magnatism

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Recycled Human;408199 said:
PS It could just be a good/corrupt thing...

I actually think that too. I've had a good character with flies before, but it didn't last for too too long.I really don't know what happened, I believe the purity bar was a little low, but I've also had an evil character who was corrupt have flies, but then they went away. It may be attractiveness, it may be dirtiness, but I don't think they track that.

Oh...sorry Dog, people usually just post what they think without reading anything else...sometimes even the first post. It was just straightforward but didn't mention anyone's theories. :(...sorry for assuming
(I'm not being facetious, when I apologize; it's for real. I don't apologize for things that I don't believe are something that needs excusing)

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure its a Good/corrupt thing because my Evil/corrupt character never had a problem with flies. I made him good/corrupt to get the laugh expression for the demon door and he got flies, after returning to evil they went away.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

that's exactly what happened to me

And I got my first character with butterflies. My latest game, a woman that was Good/Pure. By the end of the game, after the Dark Seal quest by Reaver, I was walking through Bloodstone I wanted to see how old my character looked. As I zoomed in by pushing the camera against a wall I noticed butterflies around my character. I was very surprised as this has never happened to me. There's not there anymore after finishing the game though. :(

The thing I did different was keep the dark seal myself and sacrifice my own youth instead of the girl's.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I'll run a test or two but I think being ugly gives you flies, and being good/corrupt gives you flies.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

both or either-or? Or is that what you're going to figure out as well?

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I think it's ugliness. After a few tests, ugliness makes them appear.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Just curious, has anyone else been studying the good/evil and pure/corrupt caps as these might be why certain affects appear when.

For instance, I started one of my games with 300k and bought up the gypsy camp setting their rent to 0. After the first time i got income i noticed my purity went up by 140 points. A while later I looked at my purity and saw it was at 1000. I continued through the game to the point where you first meet sister Hannah where unchecked my good/purity again. My purity had only gone up a few points and my good was around 400ish but my sliders shown full good and full purity.

My point is, after completing the hero of strength I checked my sliders and I was suddenly no longer full good and full purity and within the next five minutes my purity jumped another 140 points.

I read somewhere that pm put caps into the game that go higher at certain points, could these restrictions be the cause of the addition of things like flies and butterflies, why your halo might be brighter or your horns longer?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Those are very good questions.

I think I remember getting flies when I was trying to get all the Personalities in the game. It was a while ago and I can't remember. However, when I was normally corrupt/evil, they were there for a bit but then went away eventually, and so did the butterflies. I don't know why they don't stay...it's very curious.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

^Your evilness scared them away.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

heh heh heh

What? And did the butterflies feel like they didn't deserve to be around me?

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I've done around 12 playthroughs, all pretty much different in different ways.
And the ONLY character I ever had who had flies was my good/corrupt character. If the character ever started to get too pure, or too evil, they would go away.
It would make sense, because the good/corrupt characters look really raunchy. They have green eyes, pale skin, and zits everywhere. Flies thrown into the mix makes them a tad more gross, I guess.

:D
Hope I helped.