• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The King needs a Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithyatticus

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anybody else think that your hero looks alittle pale?

I've only really noticed it since I became king. Maybe it's because im being a goody two shoes, or maybe i should just go hang out in the desert for awhile

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It's the good alignment, you are correct. You glow white when you're good, which seems accurate, but you look like the "Pure/Evil" combination from II...:/

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
That's why being neutral is the best way to go! No but seriously, I'm pale in real life so it fits me.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
As I was playing good, my face got white and the area around my eyes got blue as if I was wearing make-up. I think Lionhead is trying to tell us something. Something dire...

Being good is for transvestites. :ermm:

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Being good is for transvestites. :ermm:

Yeah, my hero does look a bit like a tranny now... I think Fable 4 should institute the promised (but undelivered) mechanism from Fable I where you character would tan the longer he's out in the sun. I don't want him to look like a leathery old prospector, but a slight browning would be nice.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
yeah, my face was way too pale, and it had a huge gash on the cheek so i use the harlequin makeup. as it covers my scar, and gives me a reason why my face is white.

and it reminded me of reaver a little bit, so i decided to wear the queen upper body with chicken hands, prince pants and queen boots in a white and blue look, which looks stylish but evil.

but yeah, a few of the makeups are good for darkening your skin abit and hiding scars or enhancing facial details.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I want to play a black hero! D:

Rudimentree

Reaction score
That blue around the eyes - I just... no. Why would you do that, why? How is blue make-up pure? Why can't we just get baby blue eyes and blond hair like the good old days?

I want sun tanning so hard ughh...

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It's not blue make up...it's probably your will aura. I have the same thing and my aura is at 5 stars

Rudimentree

Reaction score
It's not blue make up...it's probably your will aura. I have the same thing and my aura is at 5 stars
No it's purity. My will aura is zero this playthrough because I think neon blue tatoos look ridiculous. Unfortunately, I also believe dudes with blue eyeliner look ridiculous

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
No it's purity. My will aura is zero this playthrough because I think neon blue tatoos look ridiculous. Unfortunately, I also believe dudes with blue eyeliner look ridiculous
Oh...hm :/
well...1. They're will lines
and 2. I don't understand why you keep calling it 'blue eyeliner" when it's not

I guess it bothers me when people say things are something that they're not. Which probably comes from people placing blame on those who don't have anything to do with the problem. Also, it's just ignorant/arrogant when you say something definitive with nothing to back it up/with no knowledge of it's validity. (I'm not calling you ignorant or arrogant, I'm calling that particular use of words is)

Rudimentree

Reaction score
Okay. How can I explain this...

I have not used spells this playthrough except where absolutely necessary. On my hero profile I have no stars for will. I also have a seperate playthrough on which the character has five stars for will. On the five stars playthrough the character's tatoos are bright neon blue. This character is also not full pure, and they don't have a blue tinge around the eyes which is what I am referring to. I call it eyeliner and eyeshadow because I am trying to make a funny. Haha look so clever.

I am not talking about will lines which are you know, linear. I am talking about the blue tinge on the rendered skin in the ocular vicinity.

In conclusion, 1. You are talking about will lines, I am not.
2. It's blue eyeliner (<-- STILL HILARIOUS)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I really don't understand the reason for the explanation, seeing as I know what you're talking about. I understand perfectly that it's purity, given your explanation...I was picking at your word usage (tattoos and eye liner), not what you said they were caused by (magic aura and purity).

Actually, if you look up a few posts, you actually were talking about the Will Lines ("tattoos" as you think they are) and the blue around the eyes. And I don't know how those Will Lines aren't "linear."

1. You are talking about Will Lines...but I guess you don't know what they normally look like...which is fine, because they're definitely not tattoos.
2. I believe "shadow" was more accurate...and I really wouldn't know what else to call it either, but I still don't see its humor.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
No I am definitely referring to tattoos. The ones you put on in the sanctuary. You know, if you actually played the game you would have had to put on the mercenary set at one point. If you are good and a will user, your tattoos are bright neon blue, if you are evil and a will user they are red, and if you do not use will they remain a lovely grey black shade.

(I'm not implying that you didn't play the game, btw, just that your particular choice of words implies you haven't)

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
I really don't understand the reason for the explanation, seeing as I know what you're talking about. I understand perfectly that it's purity, given your explanation...I was picking at your word usage (tattoos and eye liner), not what you said they were caused by (magic aura and purity).

Actually, if you look up a few posts, you actually were talking about the Will Lines ("tattoos" as you think they are) and the blue around the eyes. And I don't know how those Will Lines aren't "linear."

1. You are talking about Will Lines...but I guess you don't know what they normally look like...which is fine, because they're definitely not tattoos.
2. I believe "shadow" was more accurate...and I really wouldn't know what else to call it either, but I still don't see its humor.

Um, no. TATTOOS are what he/she is talking about. In Fable 3, they glow bright blue if you use Will often.

Have you played Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.