• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Reason

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
The Reason

Chapter One: Base Corelious

I inhaled the chocolaty cheap cigarette and sat back is the hot air filled my lungs, warming me in the cold Antarctic weather. "What the **** am I doing here?" So many times I have asked that question but never given myself a straight answer. I was taken, well, I willingly went along and joined this program when I was 20 and had just finished a tour in Afghanistan. That hot ****ty weather seemed pretty nice right now. "They" were getting volunteers for some sort of program, they send it wasn't the safest one but someday we will change the world. I wonder how many times that was told to people, all over the world. Countless times, that phrase has worn itself out, "You will change the world!", "You will make a difference!" I got suckered in. It was a program, used to create the best soldiers, ones capable of doing 100% more than a regular human being, genetically enhanced, put through hell-ish situations, left alone in the dark. Not just that, but we were injected with a special drug mixed with all sorts of lovely ****, causing us to not be able to feel pain. That wasn't given to us at first though, this was only given to us on Drop Night, when thirteen of us died, until then we had to earn it. We had to go through excruciating pain, undealable and unimaginable. I thought about this **** everyday, I wondered why I went through this, why I didn't just say "No. I'd like to go home now." and call it a day. This is where it all went down - Base Corelious, I don't know how many people back home know about this. It's an underground and up top Military base, specially made for this program and in the best spot - Antarctica - in the middle of freaking nowhere. On ground we tested in the snow, ran missions and underground we practiced four other scenarios, The Desert, The Swamp, The Slums, The City. The most brutal training courses created to man, I swear those things were built to kill us. Each was created to an almost exact replica of each actual place on Earth, in their own Bio Domes using Artificial Light to keep the life alive inside. I'll never forget those days...​