• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The rescue quest, can't find my wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulwithlife

Reaction score
The rescue quest, can't find my wife...

So I just got a letter from my wife saying that my son has run off into a cave. So I checked the quest info and it said talk to your wife. So I travelled to bowerstone market, and went to our house. No sign of her. I looked for a trail but for some reason there wasn't one. I even checked the families bit to check if she'd devorced me, but no, very happy. Is there some way I could locate my wife easily?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: The rescue quest, can't find my wife...

Ah, join the club. Tis free to join, all you need is a copy of Fable 2 and a spouse with the inability to stay put.

This quest is glitched to hell and back - some people can find their wife but not their child. Some get as far as finding the brat but it won't follow them home. Some can't even get the quest to kick off in the first place. Try reloading your game save, keep travelling around or wait until she's about ready to take you to the cleaners through the divorce courts and you may be lucky enough to dissuade her with gifts, poses and other promises you don't intend to keep just for as long as it takes to continue the quest.

I can't find my spouse for this quest either (and to be honest, what a blessed relief it is too - always moaning and does my head in) but you might be lucky and be able to find yours. Just keep trying...

loridebartoni

Reaction score

I was pretty lucky when I got this quest. No glitches at all *-*

but oh well, go to the hobbes cave, see if your kid is in there and rescue him as if you already talked to your wife.

IF you find him in the cave, DON'T ask him to follow you, this will glitch you even more ): just walk like really really slow and he's supposed to follow you automatically.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

I've played the game many times and got myself married to many people, but not once did I get this quest

Soulwithlife

Reaction score

Well I cleared the hobb cave, my child wasn't there. I also scoured the whole market district for my wife, and couldn't find her. I eventually got ****ed off, married a rich snob then blew her head off. The guards didn't notice too. :)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

And that, my friend, is the best way to deal with 'em :D

F

fblgrl

This quest is just qlitchy I'm so annoyed ****in hobbes....

maddog

Reaction score

When Fable III there better not be no wife glitching because I tired of it I bet you all are by losing your Wife or Husband!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.