• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The "too easy" theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
Ive thought that maybe Fable III had it being quite easy idea from the fact I could now do a whole playthrough with just a pistol or rifle, (when it is given to you) now because of this I can make my character my own, if you just want to be like Reaver or Garth and maybe Hammer (heaven forfend) you now can be just that instead of a allrounder. What are you thoughts?

Reaction score
I think your right, you have much more freedom to be the guy you want, just wish there was like a choice to be muscly and how much, aswell as being able to controll how tall you are....

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
i slightly agree.
but i think enemies or more annoying than challenging.

they either die do easy, or swam around me and never give me a chance to attack with my sword.
i have died about 14 times altogether because of being swarmed.

it is probably hardest to level up swords, since when charging up magic or shooting, to you don't really get interrupted.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
I think your right, you have much more freedom to be the guy you want, just wish there was like a choice to be muscly and how much, aswell as being able to controll how tall you are....

Yeah I do like that you dont look like the Hulk now like in Fable 2

Xerath

Reaction score
I've also noticed that you could probably complete the game using just magic or firearms. I began to use magic and ranged attacks much more than melee towards the end of the game, especially whilst fighting the shadow people during The Darkness. They die in one hit so using AoE spells kicks ass.

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
I've also noticed that you could probably complete the game using just magic or firearms. I began to use magic and ranged attacks much more than melee towards the end of the game, especially whilst fighting the shadow people during The Darkness. They die in one hit so using AoE spells kicks ass.

In Fable 2 I used magic more than anything else, with some melee here and there to keep things interestng. You could totally kick a$$ with those high level spells. In Fable 3, however, I'm mostly using ranged attacks. I'm honestly not sure why, but it just seems more natural for some reason. I'm guessing I'll probably start using magic more as I get higher level spells that can really do some damage. I don't know, maybe it's the industrial revolution setting or something, but whipping out a sword just seems weird.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I find myself mixing up all three alot, pretty evenly to be honest. I probably use magic slightly less then the rest, but thats mainly due to me wanting to upgrade weapons. I'm generally hitting with guns from range, sword whiping at close ranged with some Vortex+something to get out of a crowd.

Reaction score
In fable II I allways either used mele or rarely will and pretty much never used ranged weapons, In fable III I try useing other things but I allways catch myself useing nothing but ranged weapons because their so fluent not like in II.^_^

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fable 2 and 3 are far too easy. The Mercenaries and Bandits in those games have nothing on the Bandits in the original.

The Dragon

Reaction score
I find myself mixing up all three alot, pretty evenly to be honest. I probably use magic slightly less then the rest, but thats mainly due to me wanting to upgrade weapons. I'm generally hitting with guns from range, sword whiping at close ranged with some Vortex+something to get out of a crowd.

This. I try to take out as many as I can with my Dragonstomper, then when they get close toss out a Fireball+Vortex and beat their faces in with my hammer. Next playthrough I'm going to focus on rifles only.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

I've completed all three games using pure magic. It was a tad difficult for me in Fable II until I learned a nice trick that really helped me out while I charged up my spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.