• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE TRUE LEGEND OF JACK OF BLADES (as written by The SonofRaiden)

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
You know....you guys think you know Jack of Blades. I am here to tell you that there is another side of this story, and i shall attempt to tell you how i see this Hero. the following includes a ****load of spoilers

Through research i have found that True there was once a demon named Jack Of Blades, who came with his mother and brother to this world, and enslaved mankind, but He was killed my William Black (Scythe), The first Archon and founder of the heroes guild. I would suspect That William Black was arrogant and put the mask and armor on display somewhere, and maybe sometime after his departure, the armor was inherited, and worn in a battle (Bloody Harvest). Sure The Mask [FONT=; TEXT-DECORATION: underline]could[/FONT] take you over, suck out your soul, and that would be it. repeat, and repeat, to the time of The Hero Of Oakvale (Bromson-yes that's his real name, why? because his dad's name is Brom). Now I assume that by the red hood that maybe This Incarnation Of Jack of Blades must be a relative (maybe Scarlett's brother?) he was weak, and the mask took control. I mean, Jack tried to befriend you, and while you were thinking about it, he put you in prison, which i think is the real reason you get ****ed and kill him. now 1 year later you have some time to think (about the what might have been) when the demon returns, in the form of a dragon in the northern wastes (iceland) by a volcano (Eyjafjallajokull (pronounced Ay Jah Fall A Joe Cool))seal by a 3 souled lock, depending on what you get (Thunder/Arena Soul, Briar Rose/Your Mom, Weaver/Nostro) when you defeat the dragon, the demon is sent back to the Void, but the mask with the 25 heroes (I'm only estimating) is left, whether you put it on and continued the long line of heroes to wear Jack's mask, or you destroy Tradition is up to you.
So in conclusion, I say That Jack Is Misunderstood, and i would really like your opinion. you think i should continue this story of a long line of heroes with the same alias, or not?

Glyre

Reaction score
Is this the story...or just like a "prologue/teaser?" The only reason I say this is the way that it almost seems to be written, not by someone in Fable's universe, but by someone from our world actually analyzing the game. What I mean is, it doesn't seem much like a story.

Still, the concept itself is interesting.

By the way, Ejafyallajokull is pronounced: Ay-ah-Fyahl-ah-jo-kul (In Scandinavian languages, "J's" are pronounced like "Y's")

SonofRaiden

Reaction score
I would like to do this for the characters we don't really know about. you know. take what we know, and make you think about it from a different anger

Glyre

Reaction score
Ok...I see where you're coming from. Well, definitely keep going with it, I'd like to see where it goes!

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Oh crap. If this is true, The Hero of Bowerstone's full name is Sparrow Bromsonsonsonsonson!

SonofRaiden

Reaction score
no. by that time people had a steady last name, but i do not know what his last name is, because i haven't played fable 2

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
no. by that time people had a steady last name, but i do not know what his last name is, because i haven't played fable 2

Thanks for humouring that joke, HoB is an orphan, so it's never made clear.
Alright, let's do this...
1. Scythe hasn't been confirmed to be William Black.
2. Jack's involvement in the battle of Bloody Harvest isn't explained, though from the description it would appear he was the good guy. Thing is, The armour would NOT have been inherited and worn, as it was lost and the mask was used to take over rube after rube, and chalk up the fact that the victory is credited to Jack of Blades, and not some other hero, and it would seem he took someone over before the Battle of Bloody Harvest and after the Death/Disappearance of William Black.
3. Red hood doesn't prove much, as Jack always wore that armor/cloak. This is evidenced in previous descriptions of his armour and books describing him in Fable 2 as before he was involved in the Hero of Oakvale's Story.
4. Jack did not try to befriend you, he tried to use you to get to your sister so he could get the sword. Which leads into
5. Jack needed you and your sister for the sword, and he had caused the Razing of Oakvale and orchestrated almost everything that went bad in your life, which is why you want to kill him. Also, he has the SoA and would destroy everything, which is why you had to stop him.
6. I'm pretty sure he's not misunderstood, he's pretty straightforward once you finish TLC. Lost along with The Court, bides his time living in his mask, finally finds your family, orchestrates his master plan on you, you take him down, he comes back in a final last ditch attempt to trick you into wearing his mask, and canonly, he's tossed into the lava.
I'd love you to continue, but I thought I'd point out the canon facts and/or inconsistencies.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I've always wondered what happened in the Battle of Bloody Harvest, perhaps Jack winning over the people? Remember, when the Hero of Oakvale fought in the Arena, Jack was introduced as the Hero of Heroes. He was said to have been away from Albion for an 'eternity'. Also, the Oracle revealed that when Maze and his family were attacked by Balverines in the woods, Jack and three Heroes showed up. Jack killed both the Balverines and the Heroes, establishing himself as both a Hero and a Villain. I would love to read the whole story..

SonofRaiden

Reaction score
Thanks for humouring that joke, HoB is an orphan, so it's never made clear.
Alright, let's do this...
1. Scythe hasn't been confirmed to be William Black.
2. Jack's involvement in the battle of Bloody Harvest isn't explained, though from the description it would appear he was the good guy. Thing is, The armour would NOT have been inherited and worn, as it was lost and the mask was used to take over rube after rube, and chalk up the fact that the victory is credited to Jack of Blades, and not some other hero, and it would seem he took someone over before the Battle of Bloody Harvest and after the Death/Disappearance of William Black.
3. Red hood doesn't prove much, as Jack always wore that armor/cloak. This is evidenced in previous descriptions of his armour and books describing him in Fable 2 as before he was involved in the Hero of Oakvale's Story.
4. Jack did not try to befriend you, he tried to use you to get to your sister so he could get the sword. Which leads into
5. Jack needed you and your sister for the sword, and he had caused the Razing of Oakvale and orchestrated almost everything that went bad in your life, which is why you want to kill him. Also, he has the SoA and would destroy everything, which is why you had to stop him.
6. I'm pretty sure he's not misunderstood, he's pretty straightforward once you finish TLC. Lost along with The Court, bides his time living in his mask, finally finds your family, orchestrates his master plan on you, you take him down, he comes back in a final last ditch attempt to trick you into wearing his mask, and canonly, he's tossed into the lava.
I'd love you to continue, but I thought I'd point out the canon facts and/or inconsistencies.

1. it has been said that william black exiled in blue and gold armor, and what does scythe wear?
2. jack is credited to having the power of 100 heroes.
3.the mask could have been held by the scarlett family for some time.
4. i thought he was friendly. it was only fair since you tried to spring your mom out of jail that you were locked up
5. why would Lionhead make a hero based on wrath? the true ending is to claim the sword, and claim the mask and become the next jack
6.well misunderstood, good, bad are opinions. have them.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
the true ending is to claim the sword, and claim the mask and become the next jack
Is that part of your different-angle-story, or the truth? AS far as I know, the story of Fable 2 is based on the Hero of Oakvale being good...

SonofRaiden

Reaction score
a little of both. i heard that there was a book iun fable 2 saying that the hero killed jack with the SoA. and who could resist the power of the mask

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
A little advice: A technique to writing 'prophecy' would be to write it out normally then make it sound mystic. You'll get better results.

SonofRaiden

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, oh god of fanfiction