• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Weapon Morph Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Machete

Reaction score
Yeah...the sad thing is that even if you morph it to your personal taste and get the sword/hammer/rifle/pistol you want, it's still gonna compare horribly to the legendary weapons so you're probably not going to use it much. I have my sword morphed exactly how I want (treasure hunter hilt, ornate blade w/ balvarine head, golden colour), but it's still crap damage compared to my Thunderblade…

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
SO not to beat a dead horse here. SO not even when you've gotten all possible morphs and all weapon/class upgrades on the road to rule. The hero weapons are, in the end, just for showing off? I'm a little disappointed in this. I figured that when i finally got this supposedly amazing weapon left by your kin all the way morphed, that it would be something to reckon with. Oh well....

Unfortunately this seems to be the case, but to be honest im having alot more fun playing with the hero weapons over the legendaries. It makes the game a bit more of a challenge at least, as compared to one shotting everything with the dragon stomper .48 lol

Jake Flaherty

Reaction score
I have gotten the game since the first day, and i am currently on my 5th full character. You are correct on the cosmetic effects for the weapons, but i believe it goes further into that. Obviously the power does go up, and the end result is that ur weapons are weaker than legendary weapons, but i have been seeing that it changes the style of how your fight. I have used either a sword/rifle or sword/pistol combo on my characters, but they have all been somewhat different. The thing i noticed the most is after the 2nd or 3rd chest opened. The slow-motion actions that Ive seen have changed due to the hilt/blade morph. I have had a few of these actions be used on multiple morphs possibly, but i think it dose affect your combat actions. for example, when i got the scoped morph on my rifle, it sometimes does a "crosshair" shot, or the camera starts in the scope, and then follows the bullet into the enemy. also another one was when i got the spiked scimitar blade, my hero would throw his blade into an enemy, then run over and pull it out of the victim. I believe that these movements do have a link with the hilts and/or blade morphs. I have never been able to use this motions before I got my 2nd morph. Also I am not talking about the flourishes, Im talking about the one hit kill actions. Please let me know what you think, because, like all of us, we are all trying to figure this thing out.

edit: i do believe there are basic attacks of these, like the point-and-look attack with the hobbes or the neck snap with a human enemy. these are just a few ideas, so lemme know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.