• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa - Conspiracy?

iPrefer Indica

Bowerstoner
Reaction score
Theresa - Conspiracy?

Okay so I was on my second playthrough of the game. As I was getting Hammer she was explaining how she made a pact not to ever hurt anyone because she was a monk, soon after Theresa says that we need an event to happen in order to make her break that pact.

After you come out of the cave to collect the water, her father is held hostage by some guy with a deep (faked if you ask me) voice. He kills her father and Hammer kills him. Hence, allowing her to break her pact and join the quest to take down Lucien.

What if Theresa planned that the whole time in order to get her to break the pact, because she needed her in order to kill Lucien. Clearly at the end of the game Theresa says that she is keeping The Spire.

In Fable 3 you have to fight a tyrant for the crown of Albion. Could this tyrant be Theresa? Post your thoughts.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Theresa - Conspiracy?

No the Tyrant is your brother Logan and Theresa wanted the Spire so that
she could see her future visions more clearly

But you are right about Hammer, I noticed that too

iPrefer Indica

Bowerstoner
Reaction score

mjmarin12;385026 said:
No the Tyrant is your brother Logan and Theresa wanted the Spire so that
she could see her future visions more clearly

But you are right about Hammer, I noticed that too

Ah, damn. didn't know this information was released. You gotta admit, it would've been a good head turner don't you think?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

iPrefer Indica;385028 said:
Ah, damn. didn't know this information was released. You gotta admit, it would've been a good head turner don't you think?

Yes it would, the game would be longer (maybe) and you would probably have to gain double your power

Also if you did not know this but you can import your F2 character to F3 and you will be playing as your F2 characters son and the choices you made in F2 will reflect upon Albion in F3

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I think she was behind all of it. How Garth and Lucien were found, since he was hiding all that time, it was all timed perfectly so it work out for her. She was probably talking to him the whole time...since he said at the end "I merely listened." I don't think she's totally evil, but she's definitely not a saint. I don't think we're supposed to know her true objectives, but they don't seem too "world peace"ish...if you know what I mean.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

ssjcb1186;385038 said:
I think she was behind all of it. How Garth and Lucien were found, since he was hiding all that time, it was all timed perfectly so it work out for her. She was probably talking to him the whole time...since he said at the end "I merely listened." I don't think she's totally evil, but she's definitely not a saint. I don't think we're supposed to know her true objectives, but they don't seem too "world peace"ish...if you know what I mean.

I see Theresa as Chaotic Good. She will do the good thing, for the greater good... Regardless of cost.

We all know that she could probably walk up to Lucien and kick him in the nuts, and destroy him. But then, Hammer would never have become the fighter she always dreamed of, the Hero would never have gotten out of the Gypsy camp [or became as awesome as s/he is now] and Reaver... Reaver w.. Well, Reaver didn't do anything.

I think Theresa needed the Hero to go through all that stuff in Fable 2, to allow him to become a powerful hero, to be able to continue the Hero Bloodline through his son, and eventually overthrow Logan and do whatever other things Fable 3 needs.

Plus, lets be honest, we can't just leave the spire. If someone isn't there watch it [even if she is using it for her own gain] then other Lucien wannabes would come and try to use it.

Just my 2 cents.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

shes trying to pull sumthing thats for damn sure

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

A the beginning when you are waiting for her in Bowerstone when she comes
she says that she is late because things have been moving quickly......

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

...and?...does that show us a counterpoint?...if so, I understand where you're coming from. Maybe she just wasn't prepared of how well it would work out for her >D

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Well maybe she had thought it would be hard to concince Garth, Reaver (maybe) and Lucien to do what they did

anain12

Reaction score

It's a head turner alright!

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

As I said in the thread I just made, I have this point which strengthens the Theresa Conspiracy theory.

Lucien shot you.

He didn't take you in, raise you to love him as a father-figure, and want to protect him and help him in his endeavors [which, if you listen to his speech, were sitting in a "the end justifies the means" area, which wouldn't have been hard to pitch to his quasi-children] but instead he shoots them and almost kills 1. LEaving the Hero with a burning hatred in him. This is the spark that lights the fuse that is the Hero's journey. It sets Theresa's entire crazy plan into motion. It all adds up.

And also this:

At the start, Rose mentions that 5 gold could feed them for a week, and they only worked for about 8 minutes to get that money. How come they're so poor and starving? People are more than happy to give them money to do oddjobs. I think Theresa had some part in this. I think she wanted this to happen so that when Lucien brings them to the castle, it seems like a super-magical, life-changing thing, instead of "We get to see inside a big castle! Btw, what's for dinner?"

:)

morgan2020

Reaction score

Of course it all brings up another question too - if Theresa is not either behind the whole thing or least in cahoots with Lucien how come she's standing outside castle fairfax waiting for you to fall out of the tower window? I know Bowerstone isn't exactly a metropolis but it's a bit of a stretch that she should be precisely there at that time...

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wanna know how a little boy survives a 100ft drop and on top of that he hits a few houses on the way down with a bullet-wound in his chest.......don't even say "because he's a hero". Anyway I think Theresa is a good girl, she was the first hero's sister.

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Have you ever played any Fable game ever made?
He's a HERO
Heroes are immortal

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

MrNoob;385476 said:
He's a HERO
Heroes are immortal

I know THAT, but come on..........look at that fall!

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

You jump from a bridge into water
The pressure would crush an average skeleton, but you survive
It's a mythical world of immortal heroes, don't be surprised at insane falls

iPrefer Indica

Bowerstoner
Reaction score

MrNoob;385480 said:
You jump from a bridge into water
The pressure would crush an average skeleton, but you survive
It's a mythical world of immortal heroes, don't be surprised at insane falls

Took the words right out of my mouth.

ScubaToaster

Off hunting Hollowmen
Reaction score

Also along the theory, she is the one that supplies Murgo, and Murgo is the one that sells you the box that leads you to Lucien and getting shot.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

MrNoob;385476 said:
He's a HERO
Heroes are immortal

Well how come a group of villagers could wipe out the Hero's and their Guild

Its a pretty big hole in the Hero part story