• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tips On Getting The Red Dragon Pistol.?

Watson

Reaction score
Re: Tips On Getting The Red Dragon Pistol.?

I'm averaging about 130 right now... Getting better but it's the middle section that does my nut in.

S

Striken7

CertainDeath;239234 said:
If you have one, use a turret pistol. If not, the clockwork should work.

A turret pistol would be the worst type to use for the shooting range because of the time it takes to reload. With a flintlock, you reload between each target while your still aiming. With a clockwork, you only reload once every 6 shots. The turret pistol forces you to wait while it reloads 6 individual bullets before you can shoot again.

Now that I have the Red Dragon, that is what I use (clockwork with an extra fast reload time). The highest I've gotten so far is 261.

V

Votuse

The only thing you should really do is try for head shots only. if you want it before doing crusable the correct shots for the villagers are
Town crier looking guy BELOW HIS HAT <this is a big one
Granny BELOW HAIR
the rest are really just head shots...

the type of pistol you use is nothing big since its going to take you a second to get the head shot lined up. pistols are ideal although ive did it with a crossbow i found on the bandit coast (in a treasure chest when you break down the barricade) torret pistols/rifles will reload the bullet you fired right after you fired it and moving to the next target. the only advantage in guns would be a clockwork/torret incase you miss your first shot you have 4 more behind it with 1 more for the next headshot.

i wouldnt recomend the crossbow...its kinda a last resort (i only had the starting crossbow and just got the 2nd skill upgrade to let me enter) it takes up most of the screen...

A

aceshigh2890

i bought a master clockwork pistol, and only aimed for headshots. took a few tries withought paying the barnum investment. either way just practice and practice, either way you can get prizes if you get close and then you can sell em.

C

CertainDeath

Striken7;239354 said:
A turret pistol would be the worst type to use for the shooting range because of the time it takes to reload. With a flintlock, you reload between each target while your still aiming. With a clockwork, you only reload once every 6 shots. The turret pistol forces you to wait while it reloads 6 individual bullets before you can shoot again.

Now that I have the Red Dragon, that is what I use (clockwork with an extra fast reload time). The highest I've gotten so far is 261.

It never takes that long for me. Rhythmic pressing of (Y) ensures that the gun fires reasonably fast.

S

Striken7

CertainDeath;239875 said:
It never takes that long for me. Rhythmic pressing of (Y) ensures that the gun fires reasonably fast.

"Not taking that long" is still taking longer then either of the other two types, which is just wasted points that you could be scoring.

There is no pause between shots for the turret pistol that can be shortened with timed button presses, it will shoot as fast as you can hit the button (just like a Clockwork). Of course, since this is the shooting the range, the speed that you can shoot is pointless and only the reload time matters.

Votuse said:
torret pistols/rifles will reload the bullet you fired right after you fired it and moving to the next target.

That's Flintlock.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

use a clockwork pistol!!!! one reload gets you 5 bullets!(master)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

take the time to carfuly get only headshots.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

It's all about the headshots dude. Rack em up as quick as you can.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

a flintlock pistol of any kind should be enough. you will be constantly aiming and zooming so the rate of fire has little to do with it. yes clockwork would be better...but just make sure you use one of those 2 pistol types. Practice until your not really getting more than 1 non-headshot per round. it's all about being able to line up your headshots almost right away and not how many you hit.

hope that helps :)

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

hm I thought the red dragon was from the the gargoyles if its form the shooting range what do the gargoyles give once you et all 50

J

Jiin

Skormsarrow;272307 said:
hm I thought the red dragon was from the the gargoyles if its form the shooting range what do the gargoyles give once you et all 50

the rammer

moneymoney56

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

im having a ton of trouble, i am useing a master flintlock pistol, but i score between 125-169 every time. i cant move from each target to the next fast enough and it is hard to aim for the head really quickly. most rounds i can only score around 45 points. any tips on a faster gun???

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Its a lot easier if you did the westcliff investment as it allows you to shoot the bandits aswell

moneymoney56

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

I did get the improvement tho, for some reason, when i shoot bandits in the head, it says one point. any ideas or ansers to why? D:

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

idk i didn't do the investment :( it may be that the bandits are just made 1 point shots instead of -1

moneymoney56

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

thats not it, cuz sometimes it is 3 points, some it is 1 point.. very confusingo_O

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

eh not sure, maybe a bug fable 2 is full of them

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

02-04-2009