• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trapped in "The Game" quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyc23

Reaction score
I was about 10 minutes into the quest "The Game" and then I became stuck in a room where the three acolytes are staring down at you. My game auto-saved to that point and even if I try to load the game back up it brings me back there. I'm afraid I might have to start a new game if I can't fix this issue..

Is there not anyway to cancel a quest?

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
There is no way out of the place? Double-check I reckon.

If no way, then restart? It's a hassle, but you shouldn't be to far into it.

Dannyc23

Reaction score
There is no way out of the place? Double-check I reckon.

If no way, then restart? It's a hassle, but you shouldn't be to far into it.
I've looked everywhere and there's no way out or back. I'm stuck in a small pit and it won't let me cancel the quest if I go to the Sanctuary. I've put about 5-6 hours into the game already and I don't really feel like redoing all of that to be honest.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
to be honest

Speaking of being honest, I do not even have the game. I gave a solution which is reasonable in any game.

Hm, can you not use the Map to teleport out of their? It SHOULD ask you to 'reload' to a more recent spot. Or something.

STUCK? What is the objective, the current one.

Dannyc23

Reaction score
Speaking of being honest, I do not even have the game. I gave a solution which is reasonable in any game.

Hm, can you not use the Map to teleport out of their? It SHOULD ask you to 'reload' to a more recent spot. Or something.

STUCK? What is the objective, the current one.
I've tried fast traveling to another location, but it says "You cannot fast travel until you complete your current quest" and it won't let me cancel the quest either. The objective is to "Pursue the Baron."

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
This game is so glitchy.. it's starting to ruin the experience..

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Oh, well restart? BUT, do not delete that account, as someone may come up with a solution.

Yes the game IS glitchy, but that is because it was just released. Overtime, newer updates improves the game overall.

Basically, most of the broken things, will be fixed. At least the Major Ones.

Dannyc23

Reaction score
This game is so glitchy.. it's starting to ruin the experience..
It wouldn't be that big of a deal IF they would let you have multiple save files, but the way it is setup now if you get one glitch your game can be ruined (Take me for example.)

Invalid1021

Reaction score
So you also fell through the ground? Or are you on the part where you have to "kill" the baron and hit him with that one sword? After or before the demonic chickens?

Dannyc23

Reaction score
So you also fell through the ground? Or are you on the part where you have to "kill" the baron and hit him with that one sword? After or before the demonic chickens?
After the demonic chickens. I didn't fall through the ground, at least I don't think I did. I was up on a cliff and I vaulted down into a pit and I can see the Acolytes staring at me.

I read your thread and after doing so I still cannot understand why Lionhead decided only having one save file was a smart idea. I really hope they release an update that will allow you to cancel a quest.

Invalid1021

Reaction score
There should be a little alcove towards them which contain the "Princess" and "The baron" You should be able to run towards them, you are supposed to vault down there, it is part of the quest. If in fact the cardboard people aren't there, then you have an issue.

Robert Burgess

Reaction score
Ok, I too was in this situation and searched the entire internet with no luck. So, with luck I figured it out on my own. Here is what you do.

If your game "glitches" while trying to defeat the Baron, hit start and enter the sanctuary. Enter the Armory and go to the left side of the room containing Melee weapons. While facing the wall the top of the screen should say.

Melee Weapons

LT Set 1/2 RT

Of course LT and RT means Left and Right trigger, and Set 1 means you have more Melee weapons to choose from.
Hit the LT and scroll to the 2nd set of Melee weapons and select THE SWORD OF THE BARON. Press start again to return to "The Game." Hit the cardboard Baron one time and it will fall to the ground, allowing you to save the princess. Then the achievment pops for 10 gamerscore and your quest continues. Tell me if this helps. And if your feeling in the giving mood, I am collecting Download Content. I bought the Legendary Edition at gamestop, So I have the Inquisitor Sword and Tattoo. If you ordered from Amazon, Or Walmart, Or Best Buy, and have an extra code to spare then Please email me one to [email protected]

Invalid1021

Reaction score
They tell you when you run through the teddy-bear infested factory, that you are required to use the "Scimitar of Baron Slaying +3" and then when the cutscene appears, he says "Only one sword can defeat me, and It would be impossible for you to have it" or something to that effect...

Dannyc23

Reaction score
There should be a little alcove towards them which contain the "Princess" and "The baron" You should be able to run towards them, you are supposed to vault down there, it is part of the quest. If in fact the cardboard people aren't there, then you have an issue.
The cardboard people aren't there, it's completely empty.

soul burial

Reaction score
u have 5 saves not 1 . go 2 load & u see what i mean . start a new game (evil or good) & do something 2 thay fix it ^.^ or do some coop o btw im in that glitch iv got it on run in a circle so i can get gold lol

Dannyc23

Reaction score
u have 5 saves not 1 . go 2 load & u see what i mean . start a new game (evil or good) & do something 2 thay fix it ^.^ or do some coop o btw im in that glitch iv got it on run in a circle so i can get gold lol
You can only have one save per hero is what I mean. If they let you have multiple saves per hero I wouldn't be having this problem because I could just load a previous save.

Davi535

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me except I can't get into the tower. It's either my own stupidity or a glitch. Not really sure which.

Firestorm183

Reaction score
I have the same problem as you, except the baron is down already... but i'll try Robert's thing and see if it helps. Trying.... Dang it no luck.

Vash157

Reaction score
i'm stuck in it too and apparently someone i didn't get the sword so i'm guessing i have to start all over from the beginning cause they said to give my hero the sword so i assumed i had it and now go to find out i don't

Status
Not open for further replies.