• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unable to launch game?

BobbyMcfly

Reaction score
I recently purchased Fable III off of amazon seeing as it is no longer available on steam, I got the disc was pretty excited to re-play this game and went through the download process but when I clicked the Fable Launcher it tried to connect to Games for Windows - Live. It then gave me an error saying "Game for Windows - LIVE cannot connect to the LIVE service. Please make sure your computer is connected to the internet" does anyone know how to fix this?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the latest version of GFWL? The service itself is dead but should be able to download still. Might be some info that could help you here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just installed X3 TC from disc on Windows 10 Creators Update. When I try to launch game, it says to insert X3 TC DVD, yet the DVD is already in drive. It then gives error The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.. I have no game updates installed yet. Anyone experience this and or know a fix? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated

From what I read you must update the game to fix this as its down to old copyright protection.